𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

heeseung

I went to the convenience store near Nari's house and bought foods that can pamper her.

After paying, I went to her house and knocked on the door.

"Nari, it's Heeseung."

Before I could knock the second time, she opened the door. She looked so pale and her eyes looked sore.

"What the hell." I went in and placed down the plastic bag. I locked the entrance door and told Nari to sit down.

"I can take care of myself." she spoke weakly.
"Yeah, it's obvious." I rolled my eyes and placed the food I bought on the kitchen counter. "Go to your room."

"Don't tell me what to do."

I stopped what I was doing and glared at her.
"Quit being a child and go to your room."

She just sighed it out and went to her room walking like a zombie.

>>skip time<<

I placed the food on her table quietly and brought a warm towel to help with the fever. I gently dabbed her forehead with the towel.

"Heeseung..."
"Yeah?"

She turned to me with those exhausted but pretty eyes.

"I'm bothering you, aren't I?"

*sigh*

"I am willing to take care of you, Nari. I'm your best friend and I will always be by your side."
"You're so cheesy." she giggled.
"I'm serious!" I pouted.

We both laughed and realized it's been a while since we had that laugh together.

"Thanks, though." she smiled. For a second, I felt giddy.
"Anytime." I assisted her so she can eat properly and let her rest for a while.

A few minutes later, her mom arrived and thanked me for looking after Nari.

"You're such a dependable boy." she complimented.
"Thank you, Mrs. Choi." I bowed. "I will take my leave now. Good night!"

When I reached the doorstep, I felt a hand tug my uniform. I turned around and saw Nari crying.

"Heeseung..." she hugged me tightly and I got a feeling that she's going to tell me about Jake and his girlfriend.

"Just let it all out." I rubbed her back while she cried and cried and cried.

"J-Jake has a g-girlfriend. I saw them earlier when I was buying f-food in the convenience store." she said softly, but I can feel the pain in her voice.
"Will I ever move on?" she asked me, looked at me hopelessly. Her eyes looked sore with tears still running down her cheeks.

"I know how strong you are. You wouldn't even let me tell you what to do. You're independent and that will save you." I wiped her tears and hugged her.
"You will move on. It will be slow, but trust the process."

She cried more and my uniform is hella wet with her tears. But I felt the pain she was experiencing, and I don't want her to think that no one's got her back.

It was almost dinner time when I arrived at home.

"Mom, I'm home!"

"Where were you?" Mom asked me while crossing her arms.
"Didn't Eunri tell yo-"
"WHERE WERE YOU?!"
"I..uh-"
"EAT YOUR DINNER! DON'T TALK."

wha--

I sat down on the table and ate.

"LOOK AT YOUR UNIFORM. IT'S SO WET. YOU ARE SO IRRESPONSIBLE!"

And mom goes on and on and on and on....

And I made sure Eunri had a bad sleep.