Take the Blame 😔

💖Please vote & comment💖

Previously

When she pulled into the Normans' driveway, Riele took a deep breath bracing herself as she walked up to the front door. The palms of her hands were sweaty and she was a bundle of nerves. She kept going over in her head what she would say to him when she saw him and she just hoped that he would give her a chance to speak. Mustering up her courage, she rang the bell and waited for someone to answer it.

Now

As soon as she opened the front door, Ella's eyes grew big when she saw the person standing in front of her. "Riele?"

"C......can I come in, Ella?" Riele requested timidly, her eyes filled with tears.

"Oh my God, sis! How are you?" Ella engulfed her sister-in-law in a tight embrace.

"Mom, Riele's here!" She hollered out to her mother who came running into the room.

The moment Riele saw her mother-in-law, she pulled away from Ella and ran into her arms. "Mom!" Riele clung to her like a baby and started crying.

"Oh, sweetheart" Jennifer just held her daughter-in-law, her owns eyes brimming with tears.

"Shh....shh.....it's okay, it's okay sweetheart. It's okay" Jennifer stroked her hair lovingly, her heart going out to her. Being held in Jennifer's arms, Riele felt safe. She was finally free and away from that psycho, she was home.

Jennifer led her to the couch and sat her down, holding onto her letting her cry. "It's okay, sweetheart, I'm here for you" she reassured her as Ella poured her a glass of water and told her to drink it.

"Sis, Please don't cry" Ella rubbed her back to calm her while Riele continued to shiver and sob quietly.

After a while, she calmed down a little as she wiped her tears and looked up at her mother-in-law. "Mom, I'm so sorry for everything, I didn't mean to.....I was so stupid.....Mom, please forgive me"

Jennifer shook her head. "Sweetheart, why are you apologizing? It's not your fault. I know it is my son's doing and I'm sorry for what he put you through" Jennifer said, anger and regret evident in her tone.

"No, mom, Jace didn't do anything. It was my fault, I shouldn't have....." Riele tried to explain but got interrupted by Jennifer.

"In fact, you did the right thing by kicking him out because he doesn't deserve you"

"What, No! Mom, I didn't kick him out. He....."

Ella put her hand on Riele's shoulder and gave her a commiserative smile. "It's okay sis, we know what happened, Jacey told us" 

Riele scrunched her face in confusion and opened her mouth to speak but Jennifer spoke up. "Yes, sweetheart and I'm so sorry for what my son did. I did not expect him to do something like this even after I specifically told him not to. He was such a fool to do that to you. Poor thing, you must've been heartbroken. Riele, please forgive me for what my son did" Jennifer apologized, lowering her eyes.

Riele shook her head in bewilderment. "Mom, I don't understand what you're talking about. I should be the one apologizing, not you" she said, earning a sympathetic expression from both of them.

Jennifer shook her head. "No sweetheart, you have done nothing wrong. After what happened with Emily, I should've been more careful. I didn't think that he would make the same mistake twice" She said, anger lacing her words.

"Yeah, we at least hoped that he would change after he got married to you but..." Ella let out a sigh of annoyance. "Guess some people never change" she said, contriteness and frustration evident in her tone.