Cutting Ties

Previously

"Hello?" Riele spoke into the phone but froze when she heard the voice of the person on the other end of the line.

********************************

Now

Seeing her expression, Jace became concerned. "Everything okay, Rie?" He inquired in a soft voice.

"Y...yeah" Riele stuttered, cutting the call, but it rang once again.

Riele gulped, looking at her phone and back at Jace, hesitating. Jace observed her hesitant demeanor and figured she wanted some privacy.

"I'll wait in the car" He kissed her cheek and walked away. After he left, Riele went to the side to receive the call.

"Hey, princess!" Mitch spoke lovingly.

"What do you want, Mitch!?" she demanded, seethingly.

"What, I just wanted to talk to my girlfriend" he replied casually.

"I'm NOT your girlfriend and you got some nerve calling me after what you did to me, you fucking jerk!" She seethed further.

"Oh come on baby, it was just a misunderstanding...."

"Misunderstanding!? You tried to fucking kill me, you psycho ass bitch!" She retorted infuriated.

"Mind your words, baby. After all, I'm the one you'll come running to when this is all over" he stated cockily.

"Yeah, in your dreams asshole. I'm never coming back to you. Ever!" She declared.

"Before I was blinded by my own stupidity but now everything is clear to me. Thanks to you and that disgusting troll you call your girlfriend, I now know what a great guy my husband is" She spoke further.

"Princess, you're mine and don't you dare try to piss me off. Now be a good girl and come to my house so we can...."

She laughed sarcastically. "You must be delusional to think that I'm going anywhere near you. If I tell my husband that you're trying to threaten me, he'll beat the fucking shit out of you!"

"You know that's the funniest shit I've heard you say. What did that "husband" of yours say when you told him that I've been screwing you behind his back?" He questioned her, mockingly.

Riele remained silent on the line.

"Hmmm...Let's see, judging by the fact that you're silent right now, I'd say you didn't tell him the truth. I mean, how can you? You still love me" he snickered smugly, his voice dripping with ego.

"Love you?" Riele chuckled dryly. "I hate you! No, scratch that, I despise you!"

"Oh, sweet, sweet, Rie, do you really think he's gonna wanna be with you when he comes to know the truth?"

Riele fell silent once again because that's exactly what she's afraid of.

Mitch let out a sinister laugh. "Your dear little husband will divorce you the moment you tell him the truth. Trust me, babe, you can "despise" me all you want but I'm your best bet. So, why don't you shut your fucking mouth and come to my house, so I can put it to good use?"

"Go fuck yourself, you fucking bitch! And if you try to call me again, I'll fuck you up," She snapped and cut the call.

She took a few deep breaths to calm herself before she went to meet Jace, who was patiently waiting by the car. When she arrived, he gave her a warm smile and opened the car door for her. During their ride home, Riele was very quiet.