Misunderstanding

After what happened, Jace didn't feel like staying in the room. He walked around aimlessly for hours before he found an empty bench and sat on it.

He didn't even feel like eating anything as his mind was consumed with the fact that his wife abhors him with every bone in her body. He shook his head thinking how pathetic his situation was right now.

He was interrupted from his deep thought when he got a call from his mother. Jace contemplated for a minute before receiving the call.

Phone conversation

"Hi mom" Jace tried to sound excited.

"Hey baby, how's my daughter?" Jennifer inquired in a sweet voice.

Jace closed his eyes and took a deep breath before replying, "She's good mom"

"Oh, that's good honey........."

"Ask him if she liked it, mom!" Jace could hear his sister exclaiming excitedly.

"Okay, okay, I'll ask him. Just calm down El" he heard his mother reply to her.

"Ahh Jace, did Riele like her dress?" Jennifer inquired nervously.

"What dress mom?" Jace asked confused.

"The one your sister and I designed for Riele. It was Ella's idea you know since we didn't know what to get her for your wedding" Jennifer explained.

"Ohh okay" Jace replied as he rubbed his forehead clearly at a loss.

How in the world was he going to explain to his mother that her dear daughter-in-law only married her son to make his life miserable?

"I mean, it's okay if she doesn't like it Jace" Jennifer quickly added.

"No mom, it's not like that........." he trailed off.

Jennifer picked on his dropped voice, "What happened Jace? Something wrong?" she inquired with concern.

"Ahh, n...no mom. I...It it's.....it's nothing. It's nothing" he assured her.

"Baby tell me what's wrong?" Jennifer insisted.

Jace decided not to tell her the truth because that will only break her heart.

"Ahh Riele and I kinda had a little argument earlier" he replied vaguely.

"Oh don't worry honey, I'm sure everything will be fine. It's totally normal for couples to have little fights now and then. That's what makes your relationship stronger"

Jace just hummed in reply.

"Just apologize to her and I'm sure she'll forgive you" she assured him.

"I don't know mom......" Jace began to protest but got cut off by Jennifer.

"No more excuses Jace, just go and apologize to your wife right now!" Jennifer said sternly.

"But......"

"NOW!"

"Yes ma'am" 

Jace sighed in defeat and went back to their room. He opened the door to see Riele sitting on the couch watching TV.

She turned to him and gave him a death glare.

"Bitch!" she scoffed as she averted her eyes back to the TV.

Jace took a deep breath and braced himself as he walked towards her. He quietly sat on the couch beside her.

"I'm sorry Riele" he said causing her to snap her head in his direction.