Secrets

💗Please remember to vote and comment💗

After exchanging pleasantries, they all sat in the living room talking.

"So, how are the wedding preparations going?" Jennifer inquired the couple.

"It's going good, Mrs. Norman, but there's still a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it" Bonnie replied with a sigh.

Jennifer placed her hand on Bonnie's arm and squeezed it gently. "Don't worry sweetheart, I know planning a wedding can be quite overwhelming. What with you being pregnant, you don't want to stress yourself too much"

"I know that Mrs. Norman but we only have four weeks for the wedding and we haven't even finished doing half the things on the list. I'm just worried it won't turn out the way we wanted it to be" Bonnie replied in a rather sad tone.

"Hey, don't say like that sweetheart. We're all here for you and if there's anything we can do to help, you let us know, okay?"

Bonnie smiled softly. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Norman. That means a lot to us"

They then talked for a while. "Where's Ella, Mrs. Norman?" Bonnie inquired, not having seen her since they arrived.

"Oh, she went on a date with her boyfriend. She should be home soon" Jennifer replied.

"Oh okay," Bonnie smiled and turned to look at Ian who nodded his head and handed their wedding invitation to Jennifer. "Mrs. Norman, we wanted to personally invite all of you to our wedding," he said with a soft smile.

"Yes, Mrs. Norman, it would mean the world to us if all our friends and family are at our wedding" Bonnie chimed in smiling wide.

"Aww, you didn't have to come all the way just to invite us. Of course, we'll come. We're family" Jennifer replied as Jace and Riele nodded their heads in agreement.

"Well, I also wanted to ask if Ella would like to be one of my bridesmaids," Bonnie said and Riele's head snapped up in her direction.

Just then the front door opened and in walked Ella, who stopped in her tracks when she spotted Bonnie and Ian. "Bonnie, hi! How are you, sis!?" Ella greeted her with a big hug.

"I'm great, Ella. I was just asking your mom if you'd like to be one of my bridesmaids?" Bonnie asked her.

"Oh my God! Sis, I'd love to be your bridesmaid!" Ella squealed in excitement and Bonnie smiled happily.

"Thank you so much, Ella. By the way, we're meeting the designer next week. Don't worry I'll text you the details"

"Okay sis, just tell me where and when and I'll be there" Ella replied, sitting on the couch beside Jennifer.

Riele felt the sting of tears in her eyes as she stood up abruptly.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Jennifer inquired her with concern.

"N...nothing mom, I just.....I...I thought I'll go check on dinner" Riele stumbled over her words causing Jace to squint his eyes. Something was clearly off about her behavior, he thought.

Jennifer turned to Bonnie. "Oh that's right, it's getting late so why don't you guys stay for dinner?" She suggested.

"Oh we wouldn't wanna impose, Mrs. Norman" Ian said politely.

"Oh come on Ian, there's no need for formalities. We're family now" Jennifer said.

By this time, Riele had already gone into the kitchen and Jace followed behind her.

"Rie?" He called her softly. 

"Jace, what are you doing here!?" Riele asked, with her back facing him as she quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hands.