Unconditional Love ❤

As he got nearer to the location, Jace's heart began to race as his mind started going crazy thinking about what could've happened to her. He was trying very hard to hold it together as he took deep breaths to calm himself.

"God, please let her be okay. Please let her be okay" he kept repeating as he pulled over and ran to her car.

The windows were rolled down and Riele was bent over the steering wheel and she wasn't moving. Jace's heart dropped when he realized that she was unconscious. He tried to open the car door but couldn't.

"Rie? Rie, wake up! Riele!" He shook her gently. When she didn't respond, he grabbed her petite body and pulled her out of the car through the window. He observed that her body had slightly cooled down.

He placed two fingers on her neck and a feeling of relief washed over him when he found her pulse. He immediately scooped her up in his arms and took her to his car. He then took out his phone to call 911 but decided against it since it might draw the media's attention.

He got in the car and drove back to his house. On the way, he called Riele's family doctor and requested him to meet them at the house.

**********************************************************************************

Jace watched his wife's sleeping form. It's been a while since the doctor left.

The doctor instructed Jace to check her temperature and pulse every half an hour and asked him to call him if there was any problem.

Jace gently caressed her cheek smiling happily that she was going to be alright but his smile dropped as his mind drifted to what could've happened to her.

He slowly took her hand in his and kissed the back of her hand, "I'm so sorry for not being there for you, Rie" he apologized to his sleeping wife as he held her in his arms securely.

He stayed up all night making sure she was okay as she lay on his chest sleeping peacefully.

When morning came, he checked her temperature once more time before slowly shifting her onto the bed and going downstairs to prepare breakfast.

*********************************************************************************

Riele's eyes slowly fluttered open. Turning over on her back, she was greeted by the morning sunlight. She looked at her surroundings and realized that she was in their bedroom.

She brushed her teeth and put her hair up in a high bun. She went back into the bedroom to see Jace waiting for her with a tray of freshly cut fruits, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and eggs with OJ.

"Hey there precious, good morning!" He said causing her to look at him.

He expected her to make some snide comment or simply ignore him like she normally does but instead, she smiled softly and said, "Morning Jace"

Jace's smile became so big that he was practically grinning.

He placed the tray on the bedside table and checked her pulse and temperature once again, "You okay, Rie? How are you feeling now?" He inquired lovingly.

"I feel fine" She replied staring deeply into his captivating brown eyes.

Jace smiled, "You want some breakfast? I made you your favorite!" he said handing her the tray.

"What's wrong, Rie? You don't like it?" He asked when he saw her playing with her food instead of eating it.

"What happened to me?" She asked still staring at her plate.