Golden Globes

Jace took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He waited patiently for a whole minute before the door opened to reveal Darla.

"Hi, Jace. Wow, you look handsome" she said giving him a once over.

"Thanks, Darla" Jace smiled as his eyes averted to his fiancée.

She turned to look at him and for a moment, their eyes met as they stared at each other

She turned to look at him and for a moment, their eyes met as they stared at each other. Jace's heartbeat quickened as he got lost in her beauty.

He had to admit, she was breathtakingly beautiful. No wonder people call her the dream girl of Hollywood.

"Jace? Jace?" Darla waved her hand in front of his eyes bringing him back to reality.

Jace cleared his throat, "Uh, huh, yeah..." he returned his attention to Darla who was smirking looking at both of them.

"How can I help you Mr. Norman?" she inquired innocently.

Jace cleared his throat once again before replying, "Yeah, uh, would you mind if I talk to Riele for a minute?" he requested her.

Darla looked at Riele who has turned her attention back to the mirror in front of her.

"Yeah sure, I'll let you two "talk" she winked at Jace and left closing the door behind her.

"Uhh, Riele?" Jace began hesitatingly.

"What!?" she snapped at him with her back facing him.

"Y.....you look amazing Rie" he complimented her.

She turned to him with a scowl, "Just say what you wanted to say and get the fuck out of my room bitch!" she fired at him.

Jace took a deep breath and cleared his throat again, "I just wanted to......." He said taking out the box from his pocket as he got down on one knee.

"Riele West Downs, I know we didn't get off to a great start but you deserve the world and all the good things it has to offer. I will try my hardest to make you happy but if I fail to do that, I promise to give you mine! I promise to love you and cherish you for the rest of my life. Will you do the honor of marrying me?" he said looking at her expectantly.

She regarded him for a whole minute before speaking, "Fine, whatever" she said snatching the ring from the box and walking out the room without giving him a second glance.

Jace felt very hurt. She could've at least said yes, he thought as followed her to the limo that carried them to the venue.

**********************************************************************************

By the time they got to the venue, people were already settling down in their seats at the assigned tables. Jace and Riele began heading towards their table when Idris came up to them.

"Uh son, do you mind if I borrow Riele for a moment?" Idris requested him.

"No sir not at all" Jace smiled softly.