It's Baby Time! 👶

❤Please Vote & Comment❤

"Rie, do you really think it's a good idea for me to go to New York now?" Jace asked unsurely.

"Absolutely" Riele said confidently. Every minute away from him seemed like an eternity but she needed to do this. This was important for her husband's career.

Jace and his team have been invited to attend a conference in New York to present their findings on their latest project and Riele wanted her husband to go but Jace was reluctant since there were only two weeks for her due date.

"But I don't want to leave you when you are this close to delivery. The baby might come any day now" Jace protested.

Riele heaved a deep sigh and leaned her back on the headboard as she rubbed her belly gently. "Baby, please, we've been over this a thousand times. This is a great opportunity for you and it's just for three days. Besides, you don't have to worry, the baby isn't coming until next week. The doctor said it could be another week before I go into labour so there's no reason for you to cancel your trip" Riele insisted.

"But, what if....." He started to argue but got cut off by his wife. "Jace, stop worrying and pack your bags. You're meeting Dr. Hoffman at the airport in two hours"

"I still don't think this is a good idea" Jace grumbled under his breath as he trudged towards the closet.

As he was getting ready to leave, "Oh and don't forget, you're having dinner with aunt Courtney and her husband tomorrow evening. I'm not sure if aunt Lisa and her husband will be coming because mom said they're visiting their daughter in New Jersey. Also, when you meet them, do remember to invite them for mom's Birthday party" Riele reminded him.

Jennifer was turning 50 the following month and Riele wanted to do something special for her. She and Ella had been planning a surprise party and had already invited some of Jennifer's old friends and colleagues to the party.

"Yes ma'am" Jace replied walking back to his wife. He cupped her face in his hands and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I'm going to miss you, precious"

"I'm going to miss you too, Jace" She smiled softly.

The next three days flew by without a hitch but then Riele started to feel anxious, she missed her husband so much. When Jace called her from New York and told her that he was boarding the flight home, she couldn't help but squeal in exhilaration as she kept telling him how much she misses him.

"Aww, I miss you too, precious. Okay, how about this, when I come home, we'll watch a movie and eat lots of ice cream, okay?" He said earning another squeal from her.

"Yay! It's a date!" Jace chuckled heartily at his wife's child like enthusiasm.

Later that day, Riele's back was starting to hurt and she felt a little nauseous so her mother-in-law had her lay down on the couch.

"Can I get you anything, sis?" Ella asked after seeing the pain that Riele was in.

"No, but I think I want to go upstairs to my bedroom and lay down for a while"

The two women helped her up but when she clutched her stomach, they had her sit back down.

"I think maybe you're having contractions" Jennifer said, stroking her cheek. "We better call your parents and...."

"No, mom, it's okay. I'm sure it's just a....." Riele's eyes went wide and she let out a gasp when she felt another contraction. "This is really starting to hurt, much more than it did earlier" She groaned doubling over in pain.