Jace's Reaction

💗Please VOTE & COMMENT💗

A/N: Hi darlings! Sorry for the delay in uploading this chapter. As you all know, I've had a really rough couple of weeks but I'm back now. I hope you like this chapter.

Also, do checkout my new Jaele book,
💝💝"My Fake Husband" 💝💝
I will be uploading a new chapter next week.

❤❤❤

Previously

Riele explained to them about everything that had happened. "He.....he threatened to kill our baby if I didn't do as he said" Riele broke down and cried.

Jace let out a low growl causing Riele to turn her head towards her husband. She panicked when saw his eyes change colours as they turned pitch black, he was beyond apoplectic.

"Jace, I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I know I should've told you...." She tried to say but Jace held up his hand. "It's okay, Rie, you don't have to say anymore. I'll take care of that bastard" He said and stood up.

"Jace?" Riele's eyes grew big as she realized the meaning behind his words.

Now

Ian immediately got to his feet and grabbed Jace's hand. "Buddy, please calm down and let me handle this, okay?" he requested but Jace was not in the mood to listen.

"I'm sorry, Ian, but I can't do that" Jace said with finality as he yanked his hand away and headed towards the front door when Idris stopped him.

"Son, please listen to me and let me take care of this. You can't just show up at his place and confront him. Things could get ugly if the media gets a whiff of this" he tried to convince his son-in-law.

Jace turned to look at him, the intent to kill evident in his eyes. "I'm sorry sir, but I have to do this. Riele is the love of my life and I will NOT spare anyone who hurts her. I have to end that fucking bastard right now!" he said balling his fist, his eyes blazing with unmatched fury.

"No, Jace, please don't do this, you could go to jail" Ian tried to reason.

"I don't care about that, Ian. I'm going to kill him and you can't stop me!" Jace retorted adamantly.

"Son, please, as much as I want him dead, Ian's right. He could get you arrested. Please think about your family....."

Jace turned sharply, giving him a swift deadly glare. "My family? MY family!? Mr. Downs, I don't know if you've realised this or not but he hurt my wife!" He yelled, shaking with anger.

"I know son, I know but please, you can't just confront him like this, not in your present state of mind. You need to calm down and...."

"So what, you want me to just sit back and let him live his life happily!?" He snarled at his father-in-law.

"HE RAPED MY WIFE, Mr. Downs! He raped your daughter!"

Idris was utterly baffled by his outburst rendering him speechless. If he was being honest, his son-in-law was absolutely right. In fact, he so wanted to make that sick pervert pay dearly for what he had done but he also needed to protect his family and their reputation in the society.

In the meanwhile, Riele, with the help of her mother, had gotten to her feet and stumbled over to her husband, and stood in front of him, blocking his way.

"Jace, please...please don't do this, please" She begged him.

"Step aside, Riele" he said in an eerily calm voice. His eyes held fire and determination that scared her to the core.