Together Again 💑

💖Please vote & comment💖

Previously

"If you love him that much then why did you sign those divorce papers, Riele?" Sean asked causing both Riele and Ian to turn sharply towards him in shock.

"WHAT!??"

Now

"Sean, please don't!" Jace gave him a death glare but Sean ignored it and continued to speak.

"Yeah, and you can't blame him for wanting to leave when you're the one that divorced him in the first place" Sean spoke further, anger lacing his tone.

He knew he was overstepping his boundaries here but he couldn't bear to see his best friend give up everything in life once again.

He was the only person who knew how much Emily's breakup had destroyed him physically and mentally. He still remembered all those countless nights Jace would get drunk with the intention of ending his life, and Sean would bring him back to his apartment and helped him sober up. 

"Divorce him?" Ian's eyes popped open as he turned to face Riele. "What the hell, princess?" He demanded irately.

"Ian, I....I really don't know what he's talking about" Riele said honestly.

Sean furrowed his eyebrows at her statement. "What do you mean you don't know? I saw your signature on those papers" he said surely.

Riele scrunched her face in bafflement. "Sean, what are you saying? I did not sign any divorce papers" she insisted firmly.

"Ms. Downs, please don't listen to him. I totally respect your decision. Your happiness is what matters to me and I promise I will not bother you..."

"Jace, please stop talking like that! Why won't you just let me explain?" She shouted, getting exasperated.

Sean looked at her and then at his best friend, trying to make sense of the situation. "But, he said that you...."

"Who said what, Sean? Why would I want to divorce my husband when I love him so much? I didn't do it, Sean!"

"Buddy?" Sean looked over at his friend who was just standing there, staring into space.

Riele could easily tell that her husband wasn't convinced and so she quickly went over to him and took his hands in hers, staring into his eyes pleadingly. "Jace, please, you have to believe me. Baby, I swear I never signed those papers. You know I love you more than anything. I would never do something like that" she said with utmost sincerity while Jace simply looked back at her with a blank expression.

Although he knew she was telling the truth, the image of her signature on the divorce papers was etched in his mind. He was a hundred percent sure that it was her real signature and wasn't fake or forged, and that's what was holding him back. Yes, he loves her more than life itself but he also didn't want to get hurt again.

"Jace, please say something" Riele begged him, feeling her heart beating out of her chest in anxiety.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Downs" Jace lowered his eyes to the ground and removed his hands from her grasp, taking a step back.

Ian, who had been quietly listening to their conversation until now, shook his head and let out a dry chuckle as the realization dawned on him. "He tricked you, Riele," he said causing both her and Jace to turn towards him. "What?"

Ian turned to Riele and gave her a sympathetic look before speaking. "That lowlife bastard tricked you. He must've hidden the divorce papers in between the documents so you wouldn't notice them" he explained making her realize that Mitch had played her.