I'm pregnant!

💝Please vote & comment💝

Previously

As soon as he came out of the room, he bumped into the one person he never expected to see. He froze in his spot when he saw her, their eyes locked on one another.

Now

Riele could see the tears streaming down his face as he quickly wiped them away. His eyes looked so tired and stressed, mirroring her own. He appeared to have not slept from the bags under his eyes. His clothes were disheveled and his hair was a mess but despite all that, he was so handsome and she felt her heart flutter at the mere sight of him.

After what seemed like an eternity, Riele found her voice. "J....Jace" she said, her voice barely a whisper as she took a step closer to him but Jace caught himself and took a step back, lowering his eyes to the ground.

"I.....I'm so sorry" he apologized and walked past her towards the exit.

Riele felt tears in her eyes as she ran after him. "Baby, please wait.... Jace, don't go, please!"

When she finally caught up with him, she grabbed his hand and stopped him. "Jace, please don't leave. Please, please let me explain" she begged him in tears.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Downs, I need to leave" Jace said as he pried his hand from her grasp and turned to leave.

"Jace, please listen to me....I'm so sorry....Jace!" Riele called after him and tried to grab his hand only for him to dodge her as he simply kept walking.

"Jace! Jace, I'm pregnant!" Riele blurted out hoping that would stop him from leaving and it did because Jace stopped in his tracks.

His head turned sharply towards her. "Wh....what?" He asked to make sure that he was hearing her right.

"I.....I said, I'm p....pregnant" Riele repeated softly and his whole body froze. He stared at her with a blank expression on his face as he let the information process in his head. A feeling he had never felt before raced through his body and his brain was working overtime.

He was happy, no he was delirious with happiness when he heard that she was pregnant. His first instinct was to take her into his arms and kiss her passionately, and tell her how much he loves her. There were no words to describe how exhilarated he was but then the reality hit him like a ton of bricks as tears pooled in his eyes.

When he didn't say anything and remained silent, Riele's eyes filled with tears because when she told him that she was carrying his baby, she thought that he would be happy but instead he was just standing there, not saying a word.

After a few minutes of complete silence, Jace closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Congratulations, Ms. Downs, I'm sure you and Mr. Hope would make great parents" he said causing Riele's head to snap up in his direction.

"No! Jace, please stop talking like that. It's your baby!" she walked closer to him and took his hand, placing it on her stomach. "This is OUR baby!"

When she said "Our baby", a small smile crept onto his lips as a warm sensation gripped his heart but his smile instantly dropped when his eyes fell on the wedding band on his ring finger, making him remember what he had done last night and that sent a wave of tremendous guilt through his body causing him to remove his hand and take a step back. "I'm sorry, Ms. Downs but I can't. I don't deserve you" he said and Riele was speechless.

He then simply turned back and walked towards the exit but stopped for a moment and turned around. "If it's not too much to ask, I would like to be a part of the child's life" he said, not looking her in the eye.