Rehearsal Dinner 🍽

After a rather busy day at work, Jace was anxious to get home to his wife. He felt bad for not accompanying her to the doctor's that afternoon since he had an important meeting with the president of Caltech. President Siebert wanted to talk to him about a latest project of theirs on which Dr. Hoffman and his team would be working.

As he was gathering up his stuff, he heard someone enter the room. He looked up and a frown crossed his face. "What do you want Chloe?" He said walking to the door but stopped when she stood in front of him, blocking his way.

She took a step closer to him, a devious smirk playing on her lips. "You know what I want, Jace" she said and licked her bottom lip seductively.

Jace glared at her annoyedly. "Chloe please leave me alone before I decide to report you to....."

"Oh come on baby, you know you want me" she said, guiding her hands over his chest, moving closer as she practically pressed her body against his.

"Oh for goodness sake, what the hell is wrong with you, Chloe?" He gave her a dirty look as he pushed her away.

"Come on Jace, I can make you feel so special" Chloe said as she began undoing the buttons of her top.

Jace's eyes widened in shock. "Oh my God, Chloe have you gone crazy?" He exclaimed, trying to walk past her but she pushed him against the wall and tried to kiss him but he pushed her away once again.

"Can't you take a hint!? Why won't you just leave me alone?" He spat at her. "If my wife hears about this..."

"That bitch" Chloe scoffed. "You know she has nothing on me right"

Jace just shook his head, chuckling dryly. "How many times? How many THOUSANDS of times need I tell you that I'm NOT interested in you nor am I attracted to you. For God's sake, I'm a happily married man. Why can't you just leave me alone!?" He gave a disgusted onceover.

"Because she's not right for you, I am" she retorted.

Jace stood back and regarded her for a whole minute before bursting out in laughter. "Boy you just don't know when to give up do you?" He said before his face turned serious.

"Listen to me Chloe, you and I, we are NEVER going to happen. Get that through your brain, okay?" He shot her a deadly death glare before pushing her aside and walking out of the room.

Riele was busy cooking and thinking about what Shelby had said this morning, she didn't hear Jace enter and jumped when he put his arms around her waist from behind. She jumped and let out a scream.

Jace let her go and stood back. "Babe it's okay, it's just me" he reassured her, chuckling lightly.

She placed her hand over her heart as she felt it pounding inside her chest. "I'm sorry baby, I didn't hear you come in"

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer, planting a sweet kiss on her lips. "You were so deep in thought. What were you thinking about, precious?" He inquired, studying her countenance.

"It's nothing Jace, I guess I'm just a little tired. So, how did the meeting go?"

"It went great, babe but I'm really sorry I couldn't go to the doctor's appointment with you"

"It's okay, baby, you don't have to apologize" She smiled softly.

Jace returned her smile. "So, is everything okay? What did the doctor say?"

"Everything's fine, Jace, don't worry" She so wanted to tell him that she's pregnant but decided to wait until after Bonnie's wedding because she didn't want to spoil Bonnie's special day.