Sleepless Nights

"No! Jace!" Riele shrieked as she woke up with a start. She was panting as tears streamed down her eyes.

Jace sighed but sat up on the bed as he pulled her to him, hugging her tightly, rubbing her back to calm her, "It's okay Rie, I'm right here. It's okay baby" he reassured her.

"I'm sorry Jace. I'm so sorry" she cried into him.

"I know baby, I know. Just go back to sleep okay?" He rocked her back to sleep. He stayed up until early in the morning before going back to sleep.

The alarm went off at exactly 6 am and Jace mentally groaned getting out of the bed.

He had barely gotten two hours of sleep last night and this wasn't the first time. It has been nearly two months since Riele started having nightmares and they only kept getting worse.

She had nightmares almost every other night, sometimes two or three times in the same night. It was always the same and she would wake Jace up in the middle of the night, crying and apologizing to him over and over.

Jace would stay up trying to calm her and when she would finally fall asleep, he would be completely wide awake. He tried getting her to talk about it but she would simply brush it off saying that it was nothing or try to change the subject.

Even when she went to Canada for shooting a movie, she would call him at night and cry.

Jace would try his best to calm her but he was getting a little annoyed because he was wasn't getting any sleep and to top it all off, his work load at school has increased since he is helping some of his students build a project for the upcoming science fair.

He got dressed for work and saw that his wife was still out like a light, hugging a pillow. This brought a smile onto his lips.

"Sweet dreams precious" he kissed her forehead and left.

************************************************************************************

That evening Riele's shoot ended at around seven. When she came out, she saw Jace leaning on his car, waiting for her with a dazzling smile.

"Hey there precious!" he greeted her with a peck causing her to blush.

"Jace, what are you doing here!?" She was surprised to see him.

"Here, this is for you" he said handing her a single red rose.

"Thanks" she blushed again as she took it from him.

"Come on, let's go" he opened the car door for her as she got in, still pretty confused.

He got in the car and started driving. Riele squinted her eyes when she saw that they were not going in the direction of their house.

"Where are we going Jace?" She asked curiously.

"You'll see" he simply smiled as he kept driving.

Twenty minutes later, Jace pulled up in front of a diner and they went in. It was simple yet classy with a pleasant ambiance.

"I hope you don't mind. I just thought the paparazzi wouldn't bother us here" He said nervously.

"No, no, this place is nice" Riele replied with a smile.

They ordered some food and sat at a table at the far end so that they could have some privacy.

Jace cleared his throat, "Rie?" He called her causing her to look up with a smile, "Yeah Jace?"

Jace took a deep breath and sat up straight before speaking further, "Riele, we need to talk" he said in a serious voice.

"Talk?" Riele's eyes began to well up, "You're breaking up with me!?" Her voice cracked.