Devoted to you

Please vote and comment...

Previously

"She...she's my ex..."

"Girlfriend?" Riele offered.

Jace shook his head. "Fiancée"

Now

"YOUR WHAT!?" Riele shrieked, her eyes bulged out in utter shock.

"Rie I'm so sorry, I know I should've told you this before but I was afraid......" Jace began to explain.

"Wait, when did this happen, Jace?" She interjected, her heart beating faster as her anxiety levels began to increase.

"Please Rie, it happened a long time ago and I didn't mean to....."

"You didn't mean to what Jace? How can you not tell me you were engaged to another woman!?" She demanded yelling at him.

"Riele please, can we talk about this some place private?" He requested in a timid voice. He knew he screwed up big time by not telling her about this until now but only hoped she would find it in her heart to forgive him.

Riele took a deep breath and nodded.

Back at the hotel, Jace sat on the couch and hung his head while Riele paced up and down the room pissed.

After a while, she stopped and turned to face him, crossing her arms across her chest. "So, you were engaged before?" she asked, earning a nod from him in response. He did not even dare to look at her.

Riele lifted his chin so he had to look at her. "When did this happen, Jace?" She inquired with an edge in her tone. She was angry but at the same time she was anxious to know what happened.

"Please Rie, it happened a long time ago....."

"Jace I need to know, when did this happen?" She repeated her question.

"Five years ago" He replied, his voice was barely more than a whisper.

"What happened, Jace?" Her voice softened seeing the wounded expression on his face.

"I don't wanna talk about it, Rie. Please just let this go" He said getting to his feet but she pushed him back down and sat beside him.

"Jace I need to know what happened. Tell me" She insisted.

Jace closed his eyes and exhaled. "I'm so sorry Riele, I didn't mean to keep this from you but I was afraid that if you knew what happened then you'd hate me"

"Jace, why would I hate you? I love you, baby" She placed her hand over his arm gently.

Jace just looked at her and smiled weakly. "I love you too, Rie"

"Now tell me, baby, what happened?" She asked softly.

"If I tell you, will you promise me something?" He asked her.

"Anything, baby" she agreed readily.

"Promise me you will stay with me and won't leave me after I tell you what happened"

"Jace?" She looked at him perplexed. "Why would I leave you, baby?"

Jace just lowered his eyes but didn't reply.

Riele took his face in her hands and looked deep into his eyes. "Baby, I promise I will stay with you no matter what" she kissed him on the lips. "Please tell me what happened"