Sneaking Around

"Man, I'm done! I'm so done!" Sean declared as he plopped down next to Stefan. He was fuming.

"What happened buddy?" Stefan inquired.

"Yeah, what's wrong Sean?" Jace chimed in concern because he has never seen his best friend so angry before.

"LIFE is what's wrong Jace!" Sean exclaimed exasperated.

"What are you talking about buddy?" Jace asked confused.

"I'm talking about me, Jace! I've been going on lots of dates and nothing's worked so far! At this rate, I think I'm gonna end up alone for the rest of my life!" Sean spoke in a somber tone.

"Come on buddy, that's not true. There are lots of women out there and I'm sure you'll find someone" Jace assured him.

"Easy for you to say, Jace, you're happily married and Stefan here is planning on proposing to Tina but what about me!?" Sean retorted angrily.

"I mean he's got a point, Jace. You did kinda steal his dream girl from him" Stefan commented earning a death glare from Jace.

"Sean, I can understand your feelings buddy but trust me everything will turn out fine" Jace reassured him.

Sean shook his head, "You know what maybe I should go for an arranged marriage like you did. I mean it worked for you, right?" he asked Jace.

"Well, I..uhm....ahh...." Jace hesitated to reply.

"Come on man admit it, you're one lucky guy to have been married to such an amazing woman" Stefan chimed in.

All Jace could do was smile because even if he told them the truth, no one would actually believe him or worse they would blame him for not treating her well.

********************************************************************************

"El sweetheart why are you still in your PJs? We're leaving in ten minutes!" Jennifer said to her daughter, who was still in her pajamas lying on her bed.

"I think I'm gonna skip the party, mom. I'm not feeling well" Ella replied, trying to sound convincing.

"What happened sweetheart? Are you feeling okay?" Jennifer felt her forehead with the back of her hand to see if she's running a temperature, "You don't seem to have a fever?"

"Yeah no, I have a severe headache mom" Ella replied in a weak voice.

"Ella? Why aren't you dressed yet?" Jace asked walking into the room with Riele.

"She says she isn't feeling well Jace" Jennifer informed as Ella gave him a small smile.

"What's wrong El?" Jace inquired with concern while Riele winked at her sister-in-law, secretly giving her a thumbs-up.

Ella felt bad for lying to them but she knew that they would never allow her to go out with Lucas so she didn't have a choice. Luckily, at least Riele was on her side and helping her.

"Nothing Jacey, it's just a headache. I'll be fine" Ella assured him hoping he would believe her.

"Okay mom, you and Riele go to the party. Ella and I will go to the doctor's" Jace said causing Ella to panic.

"That's not necessary, Jacey! I said I'm fine! You guys go to the party. I'll stay at home" Ella insisted.

"But....." Jace began to argue.

"She said she's fine Jace. Why don't we let her stay?" Riele interjected.

"Yes Jacey, I'll be fine" Ella chimed in.