Chapter 59

Liam Black

The whole kissing punishment felt like it was for myself as well. Even if a part of me did it because, I was so pissed off. I just wanted some sense of control even something as minor as kissing. I love that I could take that away from her and make her whine about it, it let me know I had some control over her. The other part of me wanted to say screw it and kiss the hell out of her.

I just didn't want to because I was being more than stubborn. I hated that she was going to the ball with Nathan. Anyone with a normal fucking mindset would be. Especially when I had already planned our night out together. I was also thinking about asking her something and now this only made me put it off.

It infuriated me how much her parents could easily manipulate her and they knew exactly how to do it to. I still want Belle, I'm always going to want her nothing could change that. Which is why I'd gladly let Nathan take her to the ball if it would make her feel better about appeasing her parents. Even if it made me a fucking mental case.

I glanced down when Max started to eagerly run in circles around my legs.

I shook my head at his furry figure, "Your mom drives me nuts." he barked at my words as I went over to the spot in the kitchen Belle set up for him.

She insisted that he stay here since there's way more room. I personally think she did it to torture me knowing that he'd grow on me. Which he sort of was, Belle loved him and that alone had me caring for the thing. I opened up the cupboard to grab his dog food before filling his bowl up and pouring some water into his other bowl. He caught me off guard by jumping on me to lick my face in gratitude.

"Okay you're welcome Max." I slightly touched his head before moving him in front of the bowls where he happily ate.

I watched him for a second as I pulled my phone from my pocket when it vibrated. The screen lit up to a text from the one woman to ever plague my thoughts.

my love: hi are you busy?

Instead of replying I clicked on the call icon and put the phone to my ear. My eyes drawing to the dark liquid in the glass. It rung for a couple seconds before she picked up.

"Hi." her sweet tone drifted into my ear, managing to make a small smile pull at my lips.

But, one thought about the ball and I was back to being irritated, "Hey."

She stood quite for a couple seconds, "What are you doing?"

"Just thinking..." I trailed off, lifting the glass to my lips, draining the liquid down my throat.

"About the ball?" she asked, my silence was probably the perfect answer since she went on, "Can I come over?"

I didn't even have to think because, if it were up to me she'd already be here, "Hurry." I shortly responded, hanging up the phone.

Max had stopped eating by now and was just sitting there staring at me with his big brown eyes. He was kind of cute, I guess. His back foot came up to scratch behind his ear but, he lost his balance managing to make him fall over on his side. If Belle was here she would have probably died.

A sudden knock came from the door and I made my way to answer it wondering how she could have possibly gotten here that fast. When I opened the door her face told me she knew what I was thinking.