Chapter 38

Belle Fawn

I could feel how hot my face was while I talked with Nathan. It was basically inevitable, he was too charming with me. And right now I could not for the life of me control my racing thoughts. Which were all about how Nathan likes me...

So with these thoughts in mind, I walked back over to Liam knowing full well I couldn't control any of my emotions in this state. My stomach felt too giddy and I was so happy, nothing mattered besides the small time I spent with Nathan. But, Liam's angry eyes that were basically drilling into me made me think otherwise.

"You like him don't you?" his sudden question, made my mouth go dry and I just shook my head, he sighed, "We're gonna talk about this when you're sober."

I just laughed because, why not, "Wait, I want to find Gracie." I mumbled, about to walk away but, my knee bent giving out on me.

Liam reached for me just in time, holding me up by the hips, "Careful.." he sternly stated, turning away slightly, "..love." I furrowed my eyebrows at the last word I heard mumbled from his lips.

He had looked away, still having a tight hold on me and my heart beat increased at the words that came from his lips, it sounded so good, "D-did you just call me love?" I asked, steadying myself using his forearms.

He looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed as well, "Why would I ever call you that?" he questioned, his voice sounded disgusted, which hurt my feelings a lot.

I shifted my gaze down to the floor, feeling the ache in my heart weigh heavily in, "I-i don't know.." I trailed off slowly, pulling my hands away from him.

Maybe this whole drinking thing isn't for me if it makes me hear stuff. Especially knowing I asked him if he said it, why would he?

I heard him clear his throat before I decided to just look for Gracie. This is the second time he's hurt my feelings tonight. It was starting to seriously bum me out. And I honestly didn't want to just stand and take it when I was supposed to be having fun. Without even telling him, I just walked around him, clearly not fast enough as he grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Where are you going now?"

"I just want to find Gracie." I mumbled, loud enough so he could hear me.

His hand slipped from my wrist, "Go, I think I'm going to get going now then." I hesitantly glanced over to him as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, thanks for coming." I stated, quickly going around him to go find Gracie.

But, mostly so he couldn't see the tears that were threatening to pour down my cheeks.

•••

Liam Black 

When I got home I was more drained than I initially thought. This whole situation with Belle is really starting to get to me. A part of me wants to see what it is I feel for her. The other part is screaming at me to leave it alone, she's just for your pleasure.

Nothing more, nothing less.

That's why it shouldn't bother me that she likes Nathan. Feelings have no involvement in our relationship. That's even if she does like him, from what I can tell she does. Why does that make such an ache in my heart, it's ridiculous.

Which is why when she called me I wasn't so quick to answer but, after the third ring I gave in, "Hello." I answered a bit annoyed as it was one in the morning already.

"Hi Liam." she sounded like she was smiling, that alone could make my heart flip.

God this is stupid.