Chapter 36

Belle Fawn

Thursday flew by fairly quickly and I was able to avoid Nathan at all costs. I didn't want to see him just yet since realizing my new feelings. Nor did I want to see Liam, it feels like I betrayed him somehow. At least avoiding him was easy since he didn't talk to me all day. And all day Friday, he didn't ask me to do things for him which made avoiding Nathan easier as well since I didn't have to go outside of my office.

But, it hurt that Liam was avoiding me and not talking to me. Not even touching me, he hasn't touched me since Wednesday when we almost kissed. I don't even know why, my mind was set on the fact that I probably did something wrong. Or that he's done with me maybe he's had his fun and now I'm just not it for him. It hurt me so much to think that maybe he did want someone new.

Which is why I'm glad that it was Saturday, no work and my birthday. Gracie made sure to give me extra pancakes with strawberries when I woke up. My parents didn't call or text me happy birthday either which was a bummer but, I expected none the less.

"You are going to have so much fun tonight." she yelled, jumping around with excitement for me.

"I hope, I just don't want to think about anything today." I replied, taking another bite of my pancakes.

"That's my job today, all you have to worry about is having a good time." she smiled which made me as well then she left the kitchen for a little bit while I ate.

When she came back she held a crown in her hand with a grin on her face, "My queen." she said softly before placing it upon my head and bowing gracefully.

It was actually beautiful for being made of plastic;

"Thank you Gracie, it's beautiful." I laughed and touched it a bit to adjust it.

"You're beautiful, I can't wait for you to wear your dress, get drunk and finally party with your best friend." she screamed in pure excitement which fueled mine.

I smiled because, for once in my life I was ready for that too.

•••

"You look hot." Gracie yelled, I blushed feeling somewhat good in this dress.

" Gracie yelled, I blushed feeling somewhat good in this dress