Chapter 17

Belle Fawn

"Who's it going to be bachelor number one or bachelor number two?"

Gracie questioned in a dramatic way as I had just finished telling her what happened at the event. Last night after we got home I was so tired I decided I'd tell her everything tomorrow. Plus I wasn't even sure what to make of it all I was so tired last night and I felt more rational this morning. Now that I have talked with her here she was turning it into a bachelorette show.

"How's neither?" I requestioned and placed my now empty bowl of cereal down on the counter

She frowned, "Unacceptable!" she shouted, making me jump, "My personal favorite is bachelor numero uno." she held her pointer finger up and I rolled my eyes.

Nathan.

"I've already told you he apologized for trying to kiss me and we both said we didn't want to ruin our friendship." I explained again and she shook her head defiantly.

"No because, if it's not him then it's mr. jealousy Liam." she grumbled, crossing her arms childlike.

I rolled my eyes, "What's wrong with him?"

Yes he was a little possessive and jealous at times but, he was the first guy I've ever allowed to touch me. The first guy to make me feel butterflies in my stomach. And the first guy I was genuinely attracted to. Nathan on the other hand he made me feel happy and safe. He probably wouldn't hurt me.

Meanwhile Liam....

"He's possessive over you and he won't even let you be friends with Nathan." she frowned.

I sighed, "He never said that, he just doesn't like that Nathan flirts with me and I know it's not his decision who I flirt with but, I think I like him." I ranted out realizing what I finally admitted to myself for the first time.

Because, to me it wasn't just lust.

Gracie's gaze softened, "And I'm scared that if he knows I'm a virgin he'll never touch me again." I forced out a laugh, "Stupid right?"

"No, no Belle it's not stupid." It was quite until she continued, "You want to know what I think?" she asked and I nodded, "I think Liam finds you irresistible and that's why he's so demanding with you because, he simply can't get enough of you."

Hearing her claim made my face heat up, "And that's why he's so jealous of Nathan because, he doesn't want him to steal you away." I bit back a smile as she grinned, rounding the counter to poke at my side playfully, "God my best friend is living the vampire diaries life minus the vampires." I laughed at that and shook my head.

"So then I should tell him?" I questioned, still being a bit wary.

"Yes, hell he'll probably even fall for you more."

Yeah, I hope so.

•••

While waking up Monday morning I was a bit jittery at the thought of seeing Liam. The night of the event I just left him without even a simple goodbye. I felt sort of bad as I was his date but, the air between us was just so suffocating. I did my morning necessities before changing into my work attire.

 I did my morning necessities before changing into my work attire