Chapter 61

Belle Fawn

There was approximately close to a month left before I had to leave for college. It was plaguing my head for weeks now but, today it seemed to linger around a little more. Especially since Gracie and I wanted to pack today, just small things we had up away in cabinets. To ensure we could finish the important stuff later on. It was sort of surreal, it felt like only a couple days ago we were just moving in.

Now we were going back to our apartment in San Diego and it will be the end of my internship.

It also made me uneasy thinking about leaving Liam. I've fallen completely in love with him and I'm terrified of others. Liam is so attractive, there are so many attractive women around him everyday. I try to sway myself from my thoughts and remember everything we share together but, insecurities will always be insecurities. They'll always be there whether or not you try and you try to convince yourself otherwise.

In this moment though the only person who could truly tame my racing thoughts was Liam. Which is why I was glad it was a Monday morning and a work day. Because, as soon as the elevator released that familiar dinging sound and the doors flooded open. I made my way straight to Liam's office doors. And maybe I was too eager since my words fumbled from my lips before I could stop myself.

"Liam!" I shouted and he looked up with a semi shocked expression on his face.

But, his usual smirk slipped onto his face, "Good morning to you too I guess."

I sighed before smiling, "We need to talk." he motioned for me to come here with his fingers.

Which made butterflies find their way around my stomach like it was their home. His rings were on his fingers as always catching my wandering eyes. I made my way over to him while he leaned back in his chair. His legs parting slightly and my heart racing when he grabbed my wrist to pull me over his lap.

"What's on your mind hmm?" his fingers were lightly digging into my hips as I began to speak.

"You know how I'm leaving.." I trailed off and he suddenly stilled.

"Leaving?" he questioned, confusion seeping into his tone.

"To college." I met his eyes that seemed to fill with understanding.

"Right, what about it?" he asked, pushing some hair out of my face.

"It's just I'm worried about uh.." I trailed off, "Mm." I hummed, trying to think of a way to word this without sounding so insecure so I ended up shrugging.

"Use your words." he moved his hand from my hair to grasp my chin, lifting it up as I had been looking down at his dark blue tie to avoid his gaze, "It's okay." his reassurance encouraged me.

"I'm worried you'll become interested in other women when I leave, there's so many pretty girls here and-"

"They're not you." he interrupted my now mindless babbling, stumping me.

"Huh?"

"They. Aren't. You." he repeated every word slowly and made sure to look me in the eyes as his thumb caressed my chin.

I swallowed nervously, my eyes flickering to his lips, "Okay." I mumbled dumbly and he smirked devilishly.

"Belle do you have any idea how fucking attractive you are?" he questioned, "I'm sure you'd have men falling for you left and right as well." I felt my face heat up and my teeth caught my lip, "You think you're the only one worried?"