Chapter 43

Liam Black

The liquid slid down my throat swiftly burning it in the process and I placed the glass down, satisfied. Bourbon has been my closest allie in staying sane these past weeks. Mads is obsessively clingy ever since what we did, I regret it. It really wasn't worth it and I felt like a complete idiot for doing that to Belle. Mads is always around now and I could never find it in me to tell her to leave knowing Belle is watching.

It's not that I want her to be jealous it's that I need her to know where I stand. I can't feel that way for her and if faking my attraction to Mads is a way to show that. Then I'll do what I have to do, anything  to suppress those feelings. If that makes me selfish than fuck it I'm selfish.

I'm selfish and I can't change that.

I got up from my chair and ran my hands through my hair as I opened the door to my office. While I walked down the hall I noticed someone had already used the elevator so I had to wait. It must have been Belle and inside I was a little upset that she didn't say bye to me. After a second the doors opened and I rode the elevator down, making my way outside the building and to the parking lot. I hated how I felt right now.

After staring at the ground mindlessly, I glanced up and my whole body froze in place. My chest ached for numerous reasons and my fists tightened. I hated how much my heart hurt just from this sight. But, it did because, Belle and Nathan were kissing, she looked so happy in doing so as well. Judging by her smile that he was kissing into.

I couldn't stand the sight a second longer, "What the fuck are you doing?" I questioned, loud enough for the both of them to jump apart.

Nathan still had his hand on her hip though and I felt my body simmering with heat. Belle's eyes caught mine in alarm, slowly dropping her hands from Nathan. I couldn't take it, seeing Nathan's face so satisfied from kissing Belle irked me. He didn't even see it coming when I grabbed him by the collar, connecting my fist with his jaw as hard as I could. He fell back out of my grasp with a groan, holding his jaw instinctively.

"Liam!" Belle shouted in shock, how could she not she's never seen me like this before.

I was breathing hard and she only fueled my anger when she bent down to check on him with concern. He met my eyes with anger prominent in them and I wished he'd try to fight back. But, knowing the kind of guy he is, he wouldn't. Not now, not in front of Belle at least.

"Just go okay?" she spoke, standing up with him as he shot me a nasty look and he spared Belle one glance before backing up to go to his car.

He peeled off out of the lot before Belle turned to meet my raging eyes.

"Lia-"

"No!" I cut her off harshly, my voice bouncing off the walls which made her jump, "You lied to me, you told me you didn't like him yet you have your tongue down his throat." I spit, eyeing her with disgust.

I was being a total hypocrite but, I was blinded by such rage in my jealousy.

•••

Belle Fawn

"Liam I don't-" I stuttered, trying to find words to speak with.

"Don't give me that bullshit." he stated, glaring at me with anger in his hazel orbs.

It hurt me.

But, it also sparked some of my own anger, it made me mad because, I was so tired of this. I was tired of going back and forth between them. I liked Liam so much, he didn't know how much I truly had feelings for him but, sadly I was coming to the realization. That what we had wasn't enough for me anymore. It wasn't enough because, he can't give me what I wanted.