Chapter 58

Liam Black

Out of all the confidence and vigorous dominance I displayed. I couldn't swallow the nerves I had while watching her walk through the front door. I don't think I've ever been so nervous for something as I am right now. What if she totally changed her mind about wanting the dog and I went out of my way. It was near impossible yet I found myself overthinking this.

She just makes me loose my mind, whenever anything has to do with her no matter what it was. She laced her fingers through mine while we walked upstairs and a small smile grew on my lips. I love the way her hand just connects perfectly with mine. It was strange how fast it could help me calm down. But, as we grew closer to my room I became conflicted.

"Can we take a nap, I'm so-" her words stopped mid sentence when she opened the door.

He was on my bed running around in circles, chasing his tail with excitement. Upon hearing the door open though he stopped and looked at us while wagging his tail. An excited small bark leaving his mouth as he continued to run in circles. I hesitantly looked to Belle to see her eyeing the dog in awe.

"Oh my gosh." she mumbled, before rushing to make her way in front of the bed where the puppy eagerly jumped into her open arms.

She turned around with him against her chest and I'm sure I fell for her more just by seeing the shift in her eyes. They showed nothing but, pure excitement and happiness. She held him, giving him kisses and talking to him lovingly.

"He's even cuter in person, when did you get him I was just here." she laughed when he started to lick her face and then her eyes caught mine.

I was so relieved that she seemed to love him already, "Yesterday after work I got him, he's all yours." I stepped closer to her moving to pet the dog on the head awkwardly.

He turned to me and licked my palm, "Wait, what do you mean mine?" she questioned.

"I mean." I cleared my throat feeling that anxious feeling kick in, "I sort of got him for you." she stared at me and so I went on, "I mean you told me how Gracie said you couldn't afford him so I just got him for you." she was still just looking at me with disbelief, "I know it's sudden and it's okay if you don't wan-"

I groaned when I felt her lips on mine, my hands fell to her hips to grab them tightly. It was such a good feeling that was stirred inside of me whenever she'd kiss me first. The kiss slowly dissipated and we pulled away.

"Thank you." she said softly, her orbs of blue filled with tenderness, "I love him." she looked back down at the puppy with the cutest smile on her lips.

It made me unbelievably happy to see such a smile on her face, "Good, I just want you happy." I shamelessly muttered, turning my head away from her to try and hide what's inevitable.

The fact that she makes me extremely vulnerable.

"I am." she replied, lifting her hand to touch the side of my jaw a sigh of content leaving my lips.

She dropped her hand into mine after a second and tugged me to the bed, "Come on." she let the dog go on the mattress following after it by sitting down.

I sat next to her on the bed with the dog happily playing with Belle's hand. While her giggle filled the walls of the room and I felt my heart soften at the sound.