Chapter 53

Belle Fawn

"...and that's why I think he's cheating on me."

My mouth was dropped open and I shook my head at her dramatic act, "He hasn't responded in two hours and you think he's cheating?"

"Yes!" she threw her arms up, "I know he's not working at the club tonight because, it's Saturday and he hates going in on Saturday's."

A smile lifted onto my lips and she frowned, "It's Sunday Gracie..." I trailed off, getting ready to go upstairs as her once crest fallen face lit up with realization and I laughed, "Goodnight Gracie."

"It's fucking Sunday?" she asked herself and I just laughed a little more to myself, this was really the girl who thought love was foolish.

It kind of upset me I could have spent more time with Liam but, either way I'd see him tomorrow. And Gracie gets priority, she's my best friend even if she was a little crazy. As soon as I got to my room, I jumped straight in the shower before settling in bed afterwards.

I cuddled into my blankets, getting comfortable as I thought about one specific man.

•••

When I woke up this morning I checked my phone and seen I had a missed call from Liam and a simple good morning text which I responded to. It wasn't something big but, it was small and you have to love the small things. After I did my morning necessities, got dressed and ate an easy breakfast. I was out the door and to the building that I was soon to be leaving in a month.

After about a ten minute drive I pulled into my usual parking spot and got out of the car, when I walked up to the building I noticed Nathan on his phone. He was holding a cup holder with two coffees in it. When he looked up and spotted me, his face had lit up.

"Good morning, I got you a coffee." he smiled, offering out the holder as I grabbed one with a smile.

"Awe, thank you." he nodded, getting his own coffee before tossing the cup holder in a nearby trashcan.

Then he opened the door for me, I smiled at him before walking in first. It was odd to be speaking with him as if nothing happened between us. But, then again I was grateful for it. The fact that we could put everything behind us and still be friends made me happy. Because, I do love Nathan and I want him in my life.

"So Sam was talking about you last night." Nathan clicked the button to the elevator as I took a sip of my warm coffee.

"I'm sure he was." I laughed when the elevator doors opened to let us in.

He nudged me in the shoulder, "You should come over again to see him." he leaned over to press my floor first.

"Of course." I replied, taking yet another sip, "I'd love to see him again."

Nathan nodded and that was the end of our friendly talk before the elevator doors opened, "Bye Nathan, thank you for the coffee." I smiled, he gave me a nod of courtesy but, his eyes for once in that whole time showed me something different, pain.

The doors had shut and I turned around to go to my office when Liam was already coming out of his. Our eyes locked and his lips pulled into a grin. His pearly whites on show for me. The way he walked up to me with such confidence oozing from his body made me weak in the knees. Even more so when my mind allowed me to remember how he feels about me. His black suit was making his hair stand out and it made me want to run my fingers through it.