Chapter 25

Belle Fawn

"Oh no you're not!" Gracie yelled, glaring at me with her deathly brown eyes.

"Why not!" I whined, crossing my arms childlike.

"You will not stay home and let me pick the alcohol alone, your birthday is next week!" she claimed, "We need to get ready for your party and I promise I will take care of everything, just as long as you pick what you want to drink."

I glared at her, "How am I supposed to see what I want to drink if I don't even drink!" I replied.

"That's why you're supposed to come with to see what you think looks good." she explained smartly until I finally gave in.

"Fine, just let me..."

"No, now!" she snatched my phone that I was going to use to call Liam to tell him I'd be late to work but, she turned it off, putting it in her back pocket.

I narrowed my eyes at her and just hoped that Liam wouldn't be too mad. The next thing I know we were in the car headed to the store so she could get an idea of what I wanted.

"I can't believe you're finally going to drink for the first time ever in your whole twenty one years of existence." Gracie spoke with excitement in her tone as she drove.

"I know I can't believe it either." I replied, thinking about how it tastes.

I mean the way Gracie drinks it makes it seem good but, from what I've heard it makes me wary.

"Your mom is going to freak." she sung with enthusiasm at the thought of my mom fuming.

"When will the both of you ever actually like each other?" I watched the road ahead as the car slowed down in front of a stop sign.

"As soon as she stops acting like a Karen!" she laughed, and I shook my head, "I'm serious B, that lady lives to shape you into the girl that she wants you to be instead of the woman you want to be." she explained, just as she always did.

I sighed, "She's just.."

"Doing what's best for you?" she turned left, making her way down the long road.

"Yes.." I trailed off, ending our conversation.

"Anyways, how are you and Liam, you never even told me what he wanted to talk to you about?" she asked, pulling into the driveway of the parking lot.

I grew red, thinking if I should actually tell her, I chose not to, "He just wanted to tell me more possessive things." I muttered, hopefully that was buyable.

"Right." she drew out sarcastically, pulling into a parking spot before turning to look at me, "I know that's not all, but, when you're ready you can tell me." she smiled and I smiled as well gratefully.

This is one of the many reasons why I loved her she never pressured me into talking, she was patient with me.

We both got out and went straight into the big store. I followed her all the way to the back where all of the bottles of alcohol were. I've never realized how cute the bottles were, huh. So I went off of that, I chose two types of bottles I found pretty which were vodka and tequila. Gracie didn't want to get them now but, she was making a list.

After that we shopped for food for the house. Then after she seemed satisfied, she drove me to work straight after. I wasn't really dressed for work but, there was only three hours left. So I decided to go anyways.

 So I decided to go anyways