Chapter 16

Liam Black

Belle's parents were sitting with us and I wasn't anywhere near naive. There was so much tension between all three of them. She was awkwardly looking around and sometimes even just staring down at the table cloth. While Linda and Charlie continued to sip their wine and talk to one another. I had no idea why there was such tension but, there was.

"Did you know Belle designed the theme for tonight's event?" I asked, watching how they both looked to Belle who still hadn't looked up yet.

"Really?" Linda questioned and finally Belle looked up.

"Yeah." she replied, Charlie seemed disinterested but, tried to pay attention.

"It looks very nice." Linda smiled as well as Belle yet it wasn't one of her genuine ones that made her eyes light up with it.

"Thank you." she mumbled and went to looking back down, I didn't like it.

My hand slowly slipped to her thigh where her dress was slit open and she jumped a bit. Her head turned towards me and I smirked. Her skin felt hot against my hand and it took everything in me to not slide it up further.

"Look up." I whispered.

"What for?" she asked, glancing to her parents but, they were too busy eyeing the decorations to notice.

I just raised my eyebrow I didn't like being questioned at all. She sighed, turning away and in the end she looked up. It satisfied me more than I thought it would, she listened to me. That's what was satisfying about it and I had such an urge to kiss her for it.

Instead I leaned over to whisper in her ear, "Good girl." she stiffened and my smirk deepened at the slight tint to her cheeks.

I love how she gave off such an innocence to her and I really wish it was real. But, with a face and body like hers. I'm sure she lost her innocent card a long time ago. Not that it's a bad thing I've just never actually met a women who still had their virginity. Plus she sure didn't kiss as if she was still innocent, her lips were filled with sin.

My hand slid away slowly and she continued to look around as did I. Tonight was such a success and people were going back and forth to the raffling booth all night. I've probably already earned lots of money for the kids. And in my heart I love that I did especially knowing that I could relate to them. It's nice to have money to help out because, what good would it be to keep it to myself.

When I glanced to Belle she was smiling and I followed her line of view to Nathan. Of course, he was eating one of the sliders while staring at Belle. I looked to her and she was gesturing to the side of her mouth with a smile one of her genuine ones. When I looked back to Nathan he was cleaning his mouth. I inhaled deeply to calm down.

Before I ultimately decided to get up and leave, I definitely needed a drink if I was going to be able to handle them.

•••

Belle Fawn

After Liam had left, I looked back over to Nathan who was chowing down on another slider. I thought he was mad at me but, when he caught my eye he started to make playful faces. And I felt good knowing he wasn't upset with me and I hoped we could talk. As a matter of fact I decided to get up and talk to him right now.

My parents didn't care where I was going and continued to mind their own business for once. On my way I remembered how Liam called me a 'good girl' and that alone sent shivers up my spine. It made me feel so good inside. I also remembered how he told me not to let Nathan get too close to me. But, I shook those thoughts away quickly as I drew closer to him.