Chapter 67

Belle Fawn

Here and there I would have these moments where I'd lose things I just seen and this never went away as I was growing up. I'm sure everyone has these moments and it's so frustrating. Because, you see it there and then the next minute or even second you need it, it's gone. It's almost always something important too, something meaningful.

The moment I had left his house that's what it felt like, like I was leaving behind something. Something important that I had lost and I wouldn't be able to find again. Because, it vanished it vanished into thin air right in front of me. I had him, I had him right in my hands in my heart and he's gone now.

"Belle, you have to talk to me.." Gracie trailed off, speaking up in the quite living room as I mindlessly stared at the wall, "..I've let you come home broken from him one too many times without telling me what happened and I'm not letting you get away with it this time."

"We don't work." I quoted Damon then Elena not even knowing what to say on my own, "It's done, we're over." I mumbled dryly.

"Just like that?" she questioned quietly, "You two were just together, you love each other B."

I scoffed weakly, biting my lip harshly to push the emotions down, "No he didn't, he never did and he confessed that." I claimed.

"Bullshit!" she got up from her spot on the couch, making me look over to her surprisingly bothered form, "He doesn't get to make you choose between him and Nathan only to be chosen and leave you the next second." she ranted out while I shook my head at her anger something I felt but, was overtaken by the hurt in my chest.

"Grac-"

"That's not okay, he's not doing this to you, not again." she permanently frowned with irritation laced in her tone, "I should call him and blow his fucking ear off-"

"He doesn't love me Gracie." I spoke up, looking down at Max's brown fur who had his head in my lap, "He looked me in the eyes and told me that he didn't." I pictured his cold expression, feeling my eyes pool with tears.

I was slightly petting Max's head, seeking comfort from him as he was linked to Liam, "I'm sure he was just having a fucked day, he's like that right?" she asked unsure, "He's probably feeling off and I mean I hate the guy but I'm telling you that-"

"You weren't there." I raised my voice louder and met her concerned green orbs, "He was staring at me with the same eyes that I fell in love with and told me he didn't love me." I shook my head as the tears finally rolled down my cheeks, "He told me no matter how much I loved him he'd never love me." My voice cracked in the end which pushed Gracie towards me to pull me into her arms.

"I have spent months loving him and hoping for him to love me." I sobbed, "I gave him everything."

"Shh." she put me in a position where I'd still have Max by me and she could hold me better.

Her hand pushing away my hair that was matted to my tear stained face, "Why does it feel like this?" I questioned.

Feeling a physical ache in my chest that comes along with the memories and thoughts of Liam's heartbreak hurt like hell. It's like a burning sensation that knocks the wind out of me. His betrayal hurts, I thought all of this time that he did love me. That when I finished his sentences when he couldn't that he truly meant for me too. Now it feels like all of our memories are tainted and that's something I hated.