Chapter 2

Belle Fawn

"Nathan."

He grasped his hand for a firm shake before letting it go, "This is Belle Fawn.." Mr. Black started to introduce me when Nathan spoke up.

"Elevator girl." he joked in a humorous tone with a laugh as I smiled shyly, not being so used to the formal interaction.

"Have you guys met already?" Mr. Black asked with a questioning stare, his eyes wondering between the two of us, mainly me.

"Should you tell him or should I?"

Nathan prolonged the joke as if it was such a big secret, and it made me smile more at how open he seemed. It made me feel more open myself as I allowed myself to share a laugh with him.

I then shook my head, facing Mr. Black, "We just met in the elevator ride on my way up here."

"Uh, huh." his gaze made my face heat up as he brought it back to Nathan, "Right, so I was just showing her around will be going now." his tone was now stoic.

When I started to follow after him, Nathan lightly caught my wrist in his hand to stop me, "Good luck, it was nice to get that name." he finished with a grin that made me smile.

"Yours too." I responded.

"Miss Fawn."

I looked back hearing my name and I noticed Mr. Black already sealed away in the elevator eying me apprehensively. I rushed a quick goodbye from my lips and parted from Nathan who uttered a good luck my way. Liam didn't seem too impressed with the interaction, he almost seemed annoyed. He didn't say anything other than pressing the button for floor seven. The scent of his cologne invading my senses as he did so.

Questions circled my mind, I wondered whether this whole first day was going as good as I hoped it to be. Or if I was completely blowing it by overthinking everything. The rest of the day was spent showing me around the building and introducing me to some people. During the seconds not spent surrounded by people there was no conversation between us, it felt tense but I couldn't pinpoint why. I wondered if being my fathers daughter had anything to do with it or if he just wasn't a people person.

When the elevator dinged on our floor we both walked out, "Usually around this time I'd have you go get lunch for me since I work through my lunches, then you can have the remaining hour or so for yours but, I'm not feeling very hungry."

I nodded in acknowledgement about to enter my office when he suddenly gripped my wrist, not enough to hurt me though. It shocked me a bit just like Nathan did and he had grabbed my whole hand. Liam's intention with it feels different as he's been closed off all day compared to Nathan's carefree energy he tied to his touch.

"Belle," My teeth dug into my bottom lip as the nerves took me over, "Verbal responses remember?"

The way his eyes saw through me made his words all the more alluring and it did something not many men have achieved, it gave me butterflies.

I replied meekly, "Yes, I'm sorry." My throat became dry.

He slowly pulled his lips into a smirk letting my hand slip from his grip. I watched him turn around and head for his office doors as I quickly dashed for mine. In a funny way I felt lightheaded, I shut my door behind me and chose the couch to sit at. Not really having an appetite I decided to text Gracie only to see there was a message awaiting me already.

How's it going? Is your boss drooling for you yet?

Heat had rushed to my cheeks at seeing her text and even though no one else is in the room, I turned my phone off just for a split second.