Chapter 7

Belle Fawn

When we made it the office I was relieved to have some space from Liam. Being in an elevator with a man who is so hostile is nerve wracking. Especially when it's one tiny room basically forcing you guys together. We had finally gotten out of it and he walked ahead of me before stopping in front of the doors. He looked at me for a split second, only glancing away when he opened the door for me.

I held back a smile as I walked through, "Belle." It didn't take much now as I heard my dad's unusually perky voice.

Then when I was close enough he embraced me in a tight hug. He was actually hugging me which was not a familiar thing whatsoever. So unfamiliar that it felt weird but, you'd take it anyways because it's so rare. I plastered on a smile and gave him a hug back, only relishing in it for a quick second before he pulled away from me.

"Hey dad." I replied, catching Liam's narrowed eyes from across the room where he sat in his desk.

The room had fallen silent for a moment until I decided to speak up, "What are you doing here?" I questioned, warily with a genuine curiosity to my tone.

Upon hearing my question he turned towards Liam as if I didn't ask the question, "I was just here to invite Liam over for our family dinner, I thought it'd be a nice opportunity for you two to get to know each other." he was smiling hopefully glancing between Liam and I.

Wait, did I just hear him correctly, dinners were awkward enough unless Gracie came but, Liam was invited now too?

"Uh, huh." I nodded my head, trying to avoid all eye contact with Liam while my stomach was doing flips inside.

"Just tell me a time and I'll be there." Liam replied with a tone of enjoyment and I finally made eye contact with him.

"Well that's great, Belle." I looked at my dad and he gave me a look that said 'be good', "Liam I'll see you at dinner then." he stated, before excusing himself and leaving Liam and I alone.

"I'll be seeing you at dinner too." he met my eyes with a half smirk filling his lips.

This dinner was just going to be great.

•••••

At six o clock, I was finished getting ready out of my work clothes and into a simple outfit.

Once I was finished, Gracie was done as well and we were out the door

"So do you think your dad is like trying to hook you up with Liam?" Gracie asked, her green eyes focused on the road as she drove glancing over at me for a quick second to wiggle her eyebrows suggestively.