Chapter 40

Liam Black

Last night as I was putting her to bed I realized that something shifted between Belle and I. I don't know when it did but, it did. That alone scared the absolute shit out of me. Never in my life have I felt any sort of care for another. I don't understand any of it.

I don't want too.

A part of me wants to explore how I feel because, of how it makes me feel. Another is telling me not to, to leave it alone, stick to work, no drama. I don't need whatever this is she is just to be my submissive. But, when I least expect it, I surrender myself over to the feeling. Because, it's bigger than me and I don't want to fight it sometimes.

I watched her come, her face was flushed so much just the way I like it. Her brunette hair surrounded her and those blue orbs of hers were closed. She was so beautiful, I can't ever get over that simple fact.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't ask." she panted, that was the last thing on my mind right now.

"It's fine, just this once." I slowly pulled my fingers from her core, bringing her to me by her throat, "You did real good." I whispered against her lips.

"D-did you call me love?" she asked breathlessly, her eyes fluttering open to meet mine.

"If I did?" I questioned, sucking her off my fingers before brushing my lips against hers again.

"I like it." she mumbled, which oddly satisfied me it made me feel a little wary at how she'd feel about that.

Since I've never actually called any of my previous submissive's that.

"Oh yeah?" I asked, brushing some of her hair behind her ear slowly.

Every move I made was so hesitant because, of this feeling I had. She nodded her head and I slightly brushed my nose against hers.

"You like whore too don't you." I stated, running my fingers along her throat, a tiny whimper fell from her lips.

She pushed her lips against mine and I couldn't help but, give into her kiss. It was so needy filled with eagerness. Before I slowly pulled away, my lips brushing against her ear.

"You know when I say it, I don't mean it like that right." I whispered, I felt her nodding her head.

"I know." she whispered, my lips grazed her cheek as I stepped back from her.

I felt suffocated by her intoxicating scent and just her in general she clouded my judgment, my being, my everything. When I was away from her I felt like I could breath, like I could think rationally. But, when I was with her, my thoughts would get away from me and my mind would become this foggy mess. I picked up her underwear, slowly, cautiously putting them back on her. My eyes slowly trailed up her body to her eyes that had a questioning gaze.

"Thank you." she mumbled, why were her eyes so blue?

After a second she broke the silence, "I think I should get home."

Just like that as if a switch of some common sense snapped into me. I turned away from her, all sign of my earlier emotions gone. What the hell was I thinking, she's just my submissive. I hated that I felt a certain way about what she just said when normally I wouldn't care.

"I think Gracie's coming to get me so I'm going to get my stuff."

I allowed her to leave the kitchen and turned around to grab my glass of bourbon. I filled the clear glass all the way to the rim, drinking it all in one go. Two more of those and Belle was walking downstairs with her stuff.