Chapter 41

Belle Fawn

The car ride to his house was quiet but, it was still comfortable. I liked that I was going home with him even if he basically spent the whole day with another woman. I get that I'm probably not ideal to look at all the time maybe he wanted a change of scenery. But, I thought as my dominant that he was mine just like I was his.

Either way I couldn't shake the feeling I got when I thought of them together. Once we arrived, he opened my door and held my hand as we walked into the big house. His simple hand holding had me blushing already, which I felt stupid for. We walked through the living room where I sat my bag down and took off my shoes. He took off his jacket and shoes as well, grabbing my hand so we could both go to the kitchen.

The moment sort of made me smile.

•••

Liam Black

Every time she looked at me I felt like she knew what I did with Mads. Why do I feel so guilty, dominant's and submissive's aren't always loyal to one another. I mean, who was I trying to kid if anything they'd ask the other if it was alright first. But, it felt wrong to ask her now it felt even worse not having her know.

I eyed her as she sat at the stool and I started to roll my sleeves up to my elbow. Something in me told me I should be extra nice to her. I know it was because, of what I did but, I wanted to make her dinner.

"I feel like I haven't talked to you all day." I said, turning on the stove and placing the pan on top of the flame.

"Yeah you were with Mads." she replied, I glanced to her then back to the stove quickly, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Is someone jealous?" I smirked, finally deciding to maintain eye contact.

"Should I be?"

I meant for it to be a joke but, with the way she responded. I could hear a slight vulnerability to her tone and her eyes were so questioning. And knowing  what I did just makes me feel even more guilty.

"Uh." I cleared my throat before turning my back to her to get something from the cabinet, "No, no you don't have to be."

"Okay." she mumbled, it was silent for a moment until she spoke up again, "I went to lunch with Nathan and there's this new-"

"You went to lunch with Nathan?" I questioned, turning back around to face her.

"Well yeah, I was going to tell you but, you were with Mads and so I just left." she shrugged her shoulders, looking at the black counter.

"Right." I mumbled, trying to focus on making this food.

It was quite as I cooked, occasionally stealing glances at Belle who was staring at me. I don't think she always knew she was but, she was. Her eyes watched everything I did, it made me want to kiss the hell out of her. Just like every time I cooked she would watch me which I was growing to like.

"I know that I've asked but, how do you know how to cook?" she asked and I turned the stove off to meet her eyes.

At first I didn't ever want her knowing about my parents. Not when I met her, not now not ever. But, with everything that's happened with Belle and I, a part of me felt it was safe. Like I could trust her with it.

"My mom wasn't around much when I was little so I sort of taught myself." I moved to the other side of the kitchen to get some glasses out.

"I'm sorry." she responded as I got the red wine out to pour us some.