Chapter 37

Liam Black

I swallowed the rest of the bourbon in the bottle, placing it back on the table. My eyes scanning everyone here, drinking and laughing. I almost didn't come but, just the thought of Nathan being here with Belle alone urged me to. Only that didn't matter now, it actually fucking backfired, I felt stupid for telling her that earlier. With just my luck she comes walking out of the kitchen by herself, she looks so beautiful.

She almost fell which made me move to walk over and get but, some guy beat me to it, not just any guy fucking Nathan.

Her smile was bright when she looked at him, so bright it made me wonder if she looked at me like that. But, I couldn't focus on that for long as my eyes zeroed in on his hands holding her by the hips. She didn't move them or anything and each passing second angered me. They were just talking but, I didn't like that he was touching her and she was allowing it. He started messing with her crown ultimately making her laugh and I locked my jaw in anger.

Then before I knew it, I was striding over there, my hand grabbing her arm to tug her along, "Liam." she whined, "You're walking too fast." The softness in her voice completely won me over and I stopped.

I turned towards her and gripped her hips, "Jump right now." In a second she did, my hands traveled from her thighs that were wrapped around me, to her back.

A sigh escaped my lips from how good it felt to have her in my arms. I shook that stupid feeling away and walked upstairs.

"Where's your room?" I asked, she lifted her head from my shoulder, pointing to a wooden door that was shut.

I walked over and opened the door, kicking it shut behind me. Then I gently laid her on her bed, she groaned and moved around. My hand gripped her jaw so she could look at me, her eyes were red and low. I have no idea how much she's drank tonight but, I didn't want her drinking anymore.

"Hi." she smiled and giggled a little, I bit my lip to keep from smiling.

She was so fucking beautiful, it should be a sin.

"Why were you so close to him?" I questioned, she turned away with another groan, I pulled away from her to go lean against her wall.

"Liam." she mumbled.

"What?" I asked, irritation clear in my voice and she sat up.

"Did I do something wrong, is that why you're so mad at me?" she asked, her eyes were filled with sadness which I didn't like.

I just wanted to kiss her so bad but, I looked away, "No, no Belle you didn't do anything wrong."

I'm mad at you because, I don't know how I feel about you. Is what I should have said but, I'm not one to speak about my emotions especially to her. I'd rather figure it out myself and ignore it. That's why I've been ignoring her, maybe the less time I spend with her, will make what I feel go away.

I glanced up at the ceiling, "Liam." she whined and I looked back over to her to see she was laying down again, reaching over the side of the bed.

"What is it?"

"Will you pick my crown up and my rose, it fell." she mumbled still reaching for it, I sighed and walked over to pick it up.

When I grabbed the things I glared at the rose, "You don't need to carry this around." I set it on her dresser and she frowned.

"Okay."

I walked closer to her, pulling her hand to help sit her up. Then I flattened out her hair a little, her blue eyes watching me while I did so. When I was finished I placed the crown back on her head. My hands cupping her cheeks and caressing them with the pads of my thumbs.