Chapter 63

Liam Black

'Hey Liam I'm sure you know that Belle is going to be leaving your company soon for college. My wife and I would like to formerly invite you to dinner tonight with another associate Nathan. I'm sure you've heard of him, I hope you can make it."

I gripped the glass in my hand when the voicemail from Charlie ended.

Since the date with Belle the days seem to be getting shorter and shorter. It always feels like I just woke up to start the day but, before I know it I'm ending it back in my bed to go to sleep. And I sort of wish I could stop time for a while just to give us a little more. But, unfortunately that's not how life works and I'm not that lucky. Which is why I certainly didn't want to spend it sitting at a dinner with her parents, cozying up to the idea of her with Nathan.

Especially when I already had to deal with them at the ball in just two days.

But, Belle seems to have a pull on me I'll truly never understand. Because, here I was listening to her lecture Derek on what to do and not to do at dinner in a couple of minutes. Gracie so boldly as always, decided it would be a good idea to bring him along. I met the guy officially the day Belle just about blew my mind with her mouth. He seemed like a good guy, he and Belle's friendship was definitely amusing.

Gracie seemed to think so too as she sat in her chair clearly laughing at her motherly act on her boyfriend.

"Alright no doing that obnoxious burp you always do-"

"Awe I think it's cute when he does that." Gracie cut her off.

"Thanks babe." he winked at her from across the table as he threw a peanut in the air to catch in his mouth.

"Gross, no doing that and no playing with your food and please don't mention that you practically live here." she continued to list things off, jumping when I suddenly pulled her back from in front her spot by Derek.

So her back could meet my chest where I liked her better. I slowly brought my hands over the dip in her waist to the front of her stomach. Lacing my hands together above the place I knew she was already focused on.

"Alright will be getting to the car now." I heard Gracie's chair scrape against the floors but, paid no mind as Belle's body leaned into me, "Let's go loser." I glanced up to see her pass by Derek who jumped up to follow her.

"You know I'm your boyfriend right?" he asked her, clearly offended but, seeming to be used to it.

"Yeah yeah." she grumbled, which made me chuckle in amusement, god if Belle ever spoke to me like that.

"You know if you ever called me a loser I'd bend you over my lap huh?" I whispered my thoughts in her ear and she turned around in my arms, looping hers around my neck.

"Maybe I should call you a loser then." she boldly stated, only for me to shake my head, clicking my tongue at her audacity.

She's gotten so much more confident since I've first met her and I fucking love it.

"Watch it." I dragged my hands up to grip her hips tightly as a smile slipped onto my lips.

Her pink lips curled into a soft smile, the blue in her eyes causing me to look away, "Fine, we have to go anyways." she spun around to leave but, I gripped her hand to halt her movements, "What is it?" she questioned, turning around to meet my gaze.

"Don't sit by him."

She sighed, "Liam.." she trailed off, glancing down with a thoughtful look on her face, "Okay." she shifted her eyes up to me, "Promise."