Chapter 45

Belle Fawn

"You're an idiot." I pulled away from the kiss and opened my eyes as I breathed hard, eyeing his lips.

"My eyes are up here pretty girl." he smiled cheekily making me roll my eyes, pulling him in for yet another kiss.

After our date the other night, it ended in him spending the night with me. It was odd, he was the first man to ever hold me in my sleep. At first I wanted to say screw it and tell him to go home but, once he laid down with me. And I felt how gentle he was holding me, I felt safe. In the morning he went home, only to return the next day to hang out with me. Which is what he's been doing for the past couple days now.

It was Friday yesterday and he had spent the night yet again unplanned and we were just lounging around in my room.

He pulled away, his eyes searching my face with a small smile, "You know it's true." I groaned.

He was just telling me how he knows how I planned for him to stay the night since I had an extra tooth brush. Which was honestly so not true, Gracie and I would buy extra things in case Derek came over. I told Nathan that but, he just really enjoyed seeing me laugh so he continued his running joke.

"It's not true, in fact you should be honored that you're even in my bed right now." I laughed, shoving him away from me as I began to sit up.

Until he pushed my chest back down and hovered over me, I felt my eyes widen, "You don't know how honored I feel then." he whispered against my lips, my face already heating up.

"Good." I swallowed nervously and he smiled before placing his lips against mine.

My arms hooked around his neck as he held his weight up to not crush me. While he continued to kiss me slowly. In my head I tried not to compare it to Liam's slow kiss but, I did. They felt the same yet they were completely different. Liam's gave me this fiery boost of adrenaline inside of me and it made me crave more.

Nathan's gave me a sense of giddiness if you will, like it was meant to make me feel stable. Liam's kiss made me feel crazy and I guess that's what the difference was.

Slowly I pulled away to rest my head against his, "I'm hungry, what about you?" I questioned and he smiled, nodding his head.

"Do you want me to order us something?"

I smiled a little sadly when all of the little memories I had of Liam cooking filled my head, "Yeah that's fine."

Nathan was the better option though so I shook any of those now tainted memories away.

•••

"Alright bye Belle." he kissed my cheek, walking down the stairs as I mumbled a goodbye.

I watched him get safely in his car before shutting the door and turning around to meet Gracie's grinning face. She was super happy for me and Nathan, she never failed to tell me these past couple days. Although she knew how I felt about Liam, she was just glad Nathan could make me feel happy, even for a moment. My parents didn't even know any of this was happening so they couldn't be of any help, not that they'd want to be.

"He's perfect for you." she clapped her hands happily together.

I forced a smile, "Yeah, you were right."

She turned around, throwing her hands in the air as she went back to the kitchen, "Stefan for the win!" I shook my head at her nickname for Nathan.

Which would make Liam, Damon and I hated that I would now think of him when I watched the vampire diaries. Once she was in the kitchen and began talking about something else, I drowned her out and my smile left my face. These past couple days with Nathan have been amazing. He's been so great to me and has been an absolute gentleman. But, the truth was, these days have also been tiring and draining.