Chapter 12

Liam Black

It was late once Belle and I figured everything out involving the decorations, she honestly knew what she was doing. She even looked happy to be doing so which I found oddly pleasing. I'm also glad I didn't completely lose her over one mistake. But, I knew I still needed boundaries that I just couldn't take when it came to Nathan though. When I touched her she wouldn't allow it all because I'm her boss and dad's friend.

Or so she says I just couldn't believe it, there had to be more to it. The only thing that ever crossed my mind and that I could conjure up was Nathan. We were currently putting everything away when I decided to just bring it up from the thoughts plaguing my mind. But, since I told myself I wouldn't be so damn possessive I just decided to slip it into a conversation.

"How do you think the charity event will go?" I asked her, watching as she looked up at me from putting away some decorations in a box.

"Um I think it'll turn out good, I hope we raise a lot of money for the kids." she said softly, looking back down at what she was doing, pushing some of her hair from her shoulder.

"Yeah I do too." I replied, studying her features as I always did when she wasn't looking, then I decided to just cut to the chase, "Are you taking anyone?" I questioned, which made her glance up again her ocean eyes widening slightly.

My jaw locked at the thought of Nathan and her going together, "No." she shook her head frantically, finally closing up the box.

Instant relief flooded through my veins but, that didn't mean he still couldn't ask her. Did I even want to ask her? If she didn't want me touching her why would she want me to be taking her to the charity event? Yet I couldn't fathom the thought of seeing her all dressed up and by Nathan's side. I'd rather have her be by my side and not let me touch her than her be by another's.

"So um, that was the last box I should get going now." her delicate voice cut through my rapid thinking as I met her eyes.

It was either now or risk seeing her show up on Nathan's arm. Plus I'd probably enjoy myself a lot more knowing she's by my side.

"Go with me to the charity event." I stated, more than asked which I knew caught her by surprise.

Her eyes had widen once again, "Why?" The tone she used was full of question and her cheeks seemed to go red which made me smirk.

"Why not?" I answered a question with a question, cocking an eyebrow and getting up from my chair to walk over to her figure.

My hands itched to just touch her, "I-i don't know, a-are you just asking me to make up for what you said because, you don't ha.." she trailed off once I cut her off by gripping her jaw as I just couldn't help myself.

She had been looking down while talking to me and I didn't like it, I wanted her looking at me. I heard her intake a breath of air once our eyes met and I had to restrain myself from slamming my lips onto hers when they parted. Something about her just screamed innocence every time I touched her but, for all I know she had guys in and out of her bed. Either way I wasn't anyone to be telling her what to do with her body. But, I still found myself really wanting to touch her no matter what, establish my dominance.

"I'm asking you because, I want you to be my date I've already apologized and you've accepted it have you not?" I tilted my head to the side watching her as she stared at me with such thoughtfulness across her features.

"Yes." she breathed out, my grip on her jaw loosening but, I still kept my hold on it.

Allowing my ring clad finger to caress the side of her cheek and jaw, "Okay now again, be my date to the charity event." I stated, when I noticed her breathing start to slow.