One Hundred Fifty

Jordan's pov
"Well isn't it my favorite boss?" I opened the door with a welcoming smile, to see Spirit who gave me the same one in return. Her look was per usual, the powered face with her hair up in a hat, with a dark outfit that had all different shades of dark colors but still looked good on her. "And isn't it my favorite assassin?" We laughed as she made her way into the house, Colby a few feet behind me. "Spirit, what do we have the pleasure of seeing you today for?" He talked fancy, and gave me a small smile on the side. What a suck up. "Oh! That reminds me." She ran outside the house to her car for a moment, while Colby ran to get everyone gathered. Spirit followed me to the living room, where we all sat next to one another. Slowly, she circled around the room with small white envelopes, and handed everyone theirs, with their name printed in fancy letters. Corey was eager to open his, and the gasp that he let out had the whole room turn to him. "Woah." Sam looked at him, as he watched Corey hold the key to his new Audi R8 with literal tears in his eyes. Immediately, he ran outside to take it for a drive, and we didn't want to bother him and he special moment, so we let him be. I watched as all my friends opened their letter one by one, and their face light up with joy. The girls squealing and the guys throwing hugs at each other, all with pure happiness. Spirit handed me mine, and at first, i wanted to rip it up and throw it out. I was scared to see what was behind the paper, so i tucked it behind a stack of mail that was on the table for later. Colby saw me, i could sense it. But i pretended i didn't, and when i looked up at him from the couch facing the one he was sitting at i smiled, and he returned it. "And i have one very last thing." Spirit looked at me in the corner of her eye with a smirk, and i covered my smile. She dug in her bag while the rest of us watched at the edge of our seats. I locked eyes with Colby for a moment, and he started mouthing to me. "Do you know what it is?" I looked away suspiciously, and shrugged out a smile. His mouth dropped open with a smile, and he shook his head. Spirit pulled out a small black pouch, but big enough to hold a pen inside of it. "Oh my gosh is there drugs in there?" Reggie blurted out, breaking the silence. We laughed, throwing random objects at him to get him to shut up. She handed the small pouch to Colby, who gave her wide eyes while holding it in his hand. "Of course Colby gets it." Kevin threw his hands up in the air, as i elbowed him in the gut. He huffed out, and held his hand up in surrender. "Are you sure it's not for anyone else?" He asked, looking from me to Spirit. "Why don't you ask the person that got it for you?" She took a step back, and looked at me. I smiled, and nodded to it. "Open it." I insisted. He nodded, and took a deep breath before taking the ribbon off, and pulling the sides open to collect what was inside. "Wait what?" He dumped it out into his hand, and sat in pure shock of what fell out. "No way," he mumbled, a smile growing on his face. "I can't see what is it?" Tara leaned up in her seat, just as Colby showed his hand. There sat the key to his car- or his new car. The group gasped, and they all turned to me. "What?" I asked, looking back at them. "Uhh girlfriend of the year award?!" Kat said like it was obvious, as i rolled my eyes. "Oh come on! His car was barely a car after what happened to it, which is mainly my fault." I said, while looking back at Colby, who was still looking at the key, jaw dropped and everything. "We'll give you guys a second." Sam said, as they all agreed and started to make their way outside the room, even Spirit. I didn't move from my spot, i just kept my eyes on him, who was still speechless. After a while i asked him, "Was this too much?" "Why would you go out of your way to do this?" He asked while looking up at me. "Your car meant the world to you, Colby. I mean c'mon you can't be Colby Brock without your red corolla." He laughed with me, and teleported next to me. "You didn't have to." He whispered, as i turned to me. "I wanted to." I replied, with a nod. He pulled me into a hug, where his energy sparked through me. We were about to leave the room after, when he paused. "Wait, how did you even have the chance to set this up?" He walked on the right side of me, and i smiled. "That is a secret i'll never tell." I laughed, and skipped ahead of him. "I think you forgot these," he said as we walked outside, to where everyone was huddled around Coreys car. I turned to him, and took the big orange envelope in fear. "I don't know if i want to see what's inside of this." I admitted, turning to him. "It's nothing we can't handle." He nodded, my fingers twitching to open it. "Ooo what's in the fancy envelope?" Reggie asked as he walked up to the other side of me. "Birth certificate, and possible papers to help me link myself to my family." I whispered, as his eyes went wide. "That's- that's pretty intense dude. When are you going to do it?" His voice went uneasy, and it wasn't helping me at all. The urge to rip it up into pieces was crawling to get out, but i had to know. I had to. I guess i took long, because when i looked up the whole group was in front of me, watching me with my moves. "I don't think i can-" "You don't have to, J. It's okay if you can't." Not sure why, but hearing Colby say that made me want to open it then. So i did. I ripped it open from the top, and tossed all the rest of the envelope on the floor. "What's it say?" Cassie asked, as i flipped through the papers. I found the one thick sheet of paper i've been wanting to see my whole life. The one that would determine if the life i was living was a lie. I traced my hands on the stamps on it, and made sure it was official before actually reading it. Right as i did, something automatically didn't look right to me. "Wait..." I trailed off. "What?" Sam asked as he took a step closer to look. I felt myself burn in anger, as i read through it over and over again. My eyes had to be playing tricks on me. There was no way.

"What the fuck?!"

to be continued (end of book one)