Chapter Twenty-Eight-Note

Jordan's pov
   The way he his fingers burned my skin. The look in his eyes filled with happiness yet sadness. How delicate he was with me. It almost hurt to be mad for a second. All i ever wanted was to be genuinely happy. I'm starting to feel things again. Not the constant pain and numbness i usually have. For once i don't feel like a zombie. Just dragging around waiting to sleep again, just to start over the next day. I knew this happy feeling wouldn't last long, but i took advantage of when it did. I made it to a safe distance away from everyone, and saw Reggies car. I hopped in making both Cassie and Reggie jump. "Jesus Jordan! Are you okay?!" Cassie tackled me in a hug making me smile. "I'm good, ran i to some visitors you could say, but i brought your drink." I handed her hers and took a sip of mine. Oh God was it delicious. It was creamy and savory like a drink from heaven. "Oh my God where have you been all my life." I groaned into the cup. Reggie burst out laughing then stopped to analyze my arm. "Whats that?" He pointed to the blue ink written on me. "Oh.. um Colby wrote it on me. Said if i needed to call him, that's what to call." I explain honestly. "What's under it?" Cassie asked tilting my arm. I didn't even realize he still wrote anything BUT his number. "Weird, not sure. Must be super important then." Sarcasm filled my voice as I playfully rolled my eyes trying to look at it. "I would be careful with him, Jordan. I haven't seen him in a long time, you never know people change." I sighed and nodded. "That's what i'm scared about. Can i have like a pen so i can re-write this? Just incase it rubs off or something." Cassie nodded throwing me a basic black inked pen. I wrote the letters onto a napkin i had, me not being the greatest at seeing the words i twisted my arm in many directions. I desperately tried to look at the words, tilting and squinting my heart away. I groaned in frustration, trying not to punch the dashboard in anger in front of me. "Here let me see." Reggie carefully took the paper from my hands. We pulled up to a store called Walmart in the parking lot, but more near the back so no one really noticed us. He read the my arm carefully, writing down what he said out loud. "I won't give up, i hope you know that. Meet me on Heaven Hill. Midnight, alone, i'll see you there, Jet." I sat there, still in the car and i haven't moved a muscle. I was searching my brain for the memory he was talking about. Then i felt it, i gasped and let my head fall back on the seat.
Flashback
  Colby burst through my door, making me slightly look up to him, unfazed. He looked mad. He radiated frustration, almost like he was glowing with it. He tossed me a soft taco, me catching it, i put the book i was reading down. "Hey?" I asked shoving the taco in my mouth. He jumped on my bed, face planting and groaning into my sheets. I sighed and turned my head at the door, using my energy to close and lock it. "What's wrong Colby?" I asked rubbing circles in his back. "Nothing.. i'm just frustrated right now." He mumbled not looking up. "Then tell me to my face." I rolled to my side so i was facing him, giving him all my attention. He looked up at me, slightly puffy eyes that broke my heart. "People are so mean and so 'out there' like sometimes i feel like i don't fit the LA style. I'm not like people here. I don't fit in. I don't match anyone's energy here. I'm not like the people here. I dyed my hair blue because i hated feeling like i don't fit in. But i feel the same. I feel like a screw up at times." I saw tears stream down his soft face and i put my taco on my nightstand and hugged him. It was a soft warming hug saying that i was here for him, making him sob into me. "Colby, can you look at me?" I asked softly lifting his chin slightly. He looked at me and i wiped his tears from his face. "We aren't meant to fit in all the time. We are meant to stand out. To not be normal. Who likes normal? It's boring, we were brought into this world, the universe knew that what happened to us in the past, would make us the person we are today. It's okay not to fit in all the time. Just enjoy the ones around you now. You never know when someone could be taken from your life without your knowing. Everything given, can be taken away." My voice cracked and saying that last part made tears fill my eyes, threatening to come out. I think Colby noticed because he grabbed my wrist looking into my eyes. "You're the best person i've ever met, please tell me why it took me so long to find you." I laughed lightly and leaned my forehead against his. "Guess i'm one of a kind." I whispered, my mouth a breath away from his. "Damn right you are." He whispered back, closing the gap between us. Our lips molded together, almost like they were meant to fit each other. I melted into his kiss, turning into putty he grabbed my face in his hands, pulling me closer. I never wanted this to end. To feel how passionate he felt into just a kiss. The undying love i felt. He lightly tugged my bottom lip, making me smile into the kiss. He took the opportunity and agonizing slowly slipped his tongue into my mouth. He didn't break the kiss nor did i, his tongue exploring my mouth like no one else ever did. Everything about it felt so genuine, so lustful. He slowly pulled away, breaking the kiss. "I wanna take you somewhere real quick..." he trailed off with a grin making me groan. "Colby i'm not allowed to leaveeeee i'm going to get killed out there." I joked pointing out the window. He laughed and dragged me out of bed "nah you'll be good, no ones home so they won't notice anyway." He kissed me quickly one more time then dragged my downstairs. We got into his car and drove off, listening to music on his playlist. It was about a half hour drive when we got to a small trail. "What's this?" I ask getting out of the car. I look up to see the sun about to set in a few. "It doesn't really have a name... but it has a great view, c'mon." He pulled me and we hiked up a small mountain like top. Once we got to the top i gasped at the view. It was absolutely amazing. The sunset drew many colors into the sky, the clouds making it a perfect scene as the building's and houses filled in. I walked up and sat at the very edge of the hill, taking in everything. Colby slowly sat next to me "i like to come here to clear my mind, no one knows about it. Thought you might like it." I smiled and hugged him "thank you, it's beautiful." "Um i think you mean IM beautiful." He sassed flipping his imaginary hair. "Oh whatever Brock don't get cocky with me." I playfully slapped his arm making us both laugh. "So what do you wanna call it babygirl?" He asked, wrapping and arm around my shoulder. "Hm... i'm not sure how about something that describes this place, like heaven." I said looking out into the distance. "I like it.. Heaven Hill. This is our spot now, deal?" I nodded and looked at his pinky being held up, i looked at it for a second. "I don't do pinky promises for nothing." I laughed and interlocked pinky's. "Deal." We got home late that night. Watching the sunset and the city lights pop up. Jake screamed at us both making me laugh when we got upstairs. Just laying there, not talking, not watching tv. Just enjoying each other in the moment.