One Twenty Eight-Curious Cat

Jordan's pov
"Well why don't you just get your own head start? Why do you assume i can help with that?" I sighed, patting his shoulder as i finished the last bite of my apple, which was surprisingly fast. "Becauseeee you work in the time area place thingy. I don't know the name! All i know is you can go look at time footage to figure out what the name of the place they're going to is. That's all!" I said, throwing my hands up. "Okay first of all that is a severe violation of guidelines, and second no one is even allowed in that room but Spirit, we all just work on the paper stuff, so how do you expect me to find it out?" I shrugged. "I don't know, call her maybe? Work your newbie magic." I said, wiggling my fingers in the air before laughing. He rolled his eyes at me, but slowly i saw him begin to give in. "Fine, fine i'll do it, only because i'm scared you're going to kill me in my sleep." I smiled, feeling powerful for a moment or two. "Great, thank you." I went to walk out, when he spoke up again. "You're not like other girls your age, are you?" I turned around, shrugging because i didn't really know the answer myself. What was 'other girls?' How would i know? "I don't know, i don't let my past define who i am today, but sometimes it still creeps up on me." I said, before walking upstairs, and to literally any room just to sit down in. "Jeez, what do normal people do on their free time?" I mumbled to myself, slumping on the bed. My whole life it's been training, test runs, missions, and trauma all in a circle, so i never really got free time. Unless it was to learn when i was younger, but those were just basic knowledge books. I wanted to know shit like surgery or how to fly a helicopter. Not to know that the easiest way to kill someone in their sleep is to just slice their throats clean. Wait, did i ever bring any of my things besides my outfit here? I walked downstairs quietly, and snuck my stringed bag to the room with me, Adam too busy on the phone with who i'm hoping was Spirit to notice me. I emptied out what was in it, my suit slipping out, before chunks of mental sprang out with it. I picked up what was, left? I wasnt sure what i was working with exactly, but that was fine. One of the wires on those electric pads were fried up, so i needed to replace that. Getting started right away was easy, while watching a show i knew absolutely nothing about in the back. I looked for any sort of tweezers, something to fish the wire out without burning myself. I didn't want to burn myself with my bare hands, but using my powers was a slight option. I sighed, before the thick wire started to wiggle out, steam coming off hitting the other metal. Stopping, i pulled the rest of it out, a small red indent on my pointer and thumb finger leaving were i touched it. "Of course." I mumbled to myself, going to go rinse my hand off in the sink. I hissed when the cold water hit it, the initial feeling being the worst of it. "Jordan?" I heard near the door, i cursed under my breath, teleporting the mess on the floor to the closet, a loud thud following. "Yeah?" I asked out loud, just as the door swung open. "What was that weirdly loud noise?" Adam asked suspiciously, leaning against the door frame. "Why does it concern you?" I asked, folding my hands over my chest. He stood up straight, realizing it wasn't actually any of his business, he was just curious. A curious little cat. "Um Spirit gave me a lead, she said it was the Kern County Fair they were going to." "Bakersfield." I mumbled to myself, before springing up to the computer. "What are you doing?" He asked, which i ignored. I simply searched who was running the place, and i found a name. Britney Salvador, hm, i wouldn't have suspected it to be a girl. I looked more into her, finding a news article a few links down. "Suspect, Britney Salvador, came home from work one night after working a double to a not so pleasant surprise. Her husband, who abused her in the past was found head, a shot in the head along with bruises along his arms and ribs." I read out loud, looking at pictures of the crime scene. "Wait, what the hell?" I said, zooming into the house picture. "What?" Adam asked behind me. "This is the same place i was assigned to kill a middle aged husband that abused his wife. So i killed Britney Salvador's husband." I said, leaning back in my seat. "And she knows you did, meaning she's probably-" "Shes probably gifted." I gasped, holding my hand over my mouth. "So she hired people to kill you guys, knowing it was you." "And the note." I said. "Note?" Adam asked. "She left one, something about i hope you enjoy the same light show my husband did." His eyes widened with mine, before i got back to typing. "What are you looking for? Don't you have everything?" He asked, taking the seat next to me. I pulled a picture of her up, and the drawing i had of the pin, almost the exact same as the tattoo she had on the back of her hand, where in the picture she held a mic. "No way." I said, Adam not saying a word for a second. I knew Cassie and the crew already knew this, but finding it out for myself was ten times cooler. I was so eager to dig deeper, so i did, trying to find any sort of business she worked with, until i got one. "Warehouse on third was under review by cops not too long ago, but they suddenly stopped without a reasoning." I wrote the address down on a paper, before shutting the computer off. "You think she paid them off?" Adam asked, thinking on his own. "Either that or she used whatever gift she has." I responded, cutting the wires under the computer system, and using that to hot wire my old gadgets, popping them in my hand before teleporting them into my bag. I made sure it was all shut down before standing up, and grabbing the rest of my things to head out. "Wait, where are you going?" He asked, running up to catch up with me. "To finish the mission." I said, snatching his keys in his pocket. "Uh, no you're not." He said, walking over to the front door. "I am and you can't stop me, even if you tried." I waved my hand, his body moving to the other side of the hall. "Okay wait! We'll go, but i'm driving." I smiled, and tossed him the keys. "Glad you decided to join the fun."