Chapter Sixteen

Jordan's pov
When i was out i didn't really see anything but David taunting me. Saying things like "you'll never escape" and scary shit like that. It was scary until i felt someone hold me. It was almost like a light in the darkness. David started fading from my mind as someone else appeared. Colby. It was almost like he was supposed to protect me all along but David was getting in the way of it. He approached me.. inches from my face as i tried to move but not a. bone in my body was working. It kinda freaked me out. He held my gaze as he said the clearest words i've ever heard. "Wake." A thousand thoughts entered my head with memories. I remembered everything. My parents dying to David next to me to when i escaped and met Jake and Colby... everything. But the clearest image was with... Adam. I remember him entering my room.. and telling me things that made my mind go to mush. Did he? No.. Jake wouldn't do that. Or would he? I shot up, lungs still weak as i gasped for air as i sat back down the image was still in my head. "Adam." was the first thing i said. "Adam?" Colby scoffs. "We just saved your life and the first person that comes in your head is Adam? Unbelievable." Why was he so mad for? I literally didn't do anything to him. Oh wait.. Why do i remember being mean to him when i was compelled? Did it reverse when i woke up? "First of all Colby, i don't know why you're so mad at me and second. What the frick just happened.?" "Well i'm mad because-" Before Colby could go all 'big boy' Devyn shut him up by just holding her hand out, not even making eye contact. "Jordan.. i need you to tell me, did you ever get compelled? If so i need to know who." Her voice was soft and gentle, it reminded me of my mother's when she was in a good mood of course. It's like how i needed to tell her everything and i wanted to. Like i was willing to. "No? Yes? i think so? I remember being talked to then my mind being like mush. Then implanting things that weren't true. I also remember being like the person i was, i wasn't me, i was there.. just like Colby explained to me when he saw me. It's like i was empty. Like a part of me was taken out. I feel like i just got it back into piece like a puzzle." I answer truthfully. I looked over to see Colbys face soften as i looked back at the floor. "I need to know who did this to you sweetie, i want to help." I looked at her dead in the eye as i felt this weird spring of energy, good and bad. "Him." i say. "Who's that? I need you to-" She groaned and held her head. I couldn't move. I didn't want to move. Instead i watched her struggle as i focused more. I saw a flash of Adam as it disappeared from my vision. Devyn groaned again, I didn't even give my body consent it just happened. "JORDAN WHAT THE FUCK." Colby snapped at me, Corey and Colby grabbed Devyn as she stubbled back a few. "Jordan please stop this, you're hurting her." Corey cried out. "Please J, don't do this i love her." I turned to him, seeing the pain, love, and sadness in his eyes. I snapped out of whatever trance i was in. "I-i'm sorry i didn't even know i was doing that. Devyn..." I placed my hand over hers as she flinched and kept her head down. I hurt her. Of course i hurt the one person that brought me back. A single tear left my face as my voice cracked. "I'm so sorry Devyn.. i swear i didn't even allow myself to do whatever i did. It just happened." I heard Colby scoff. It was light but i heard it, and that set gasoline to my fire. "What the FUCK is your problem Colby? You act one way then another. Do you have a fucking problem because i can and will turn your face inside out. I don't hesitate, Brock. Now if you don't mind leaving i would like to talk to Devyn alone. If she's okay with it of course." I snapped. Hell yea i was mad, the kid that introduced most things in my life is acting like i just committed a murder. Colby didn't budge. Although Corey got up and kissed Devyns forehead she stayed still , whispering something in her ear and heading towards the door. "C'mon man, let's go downstairs." Corey pleaded, his eyes bloodshot. "I'm not moving and you aren't making me Cor." "For fucks sake Colby! Stop acting like a bitch and get your ass up already. Jordan, i'm sorry for being hard on you, i was acting in the moment and i was scared. I don't know what happened, but i know if you did know it wouldn't be on purpose." Corey screamed in frustration. He looked at me with pleading eyes and nodded his head. Signally me to know what to do. With that i sighed and with a tilt of my finger he stood straight up. "Wow Jet, didn't think you would have the guts to do this." He chuckled and burned into my eyes with his. "I. Don't. Hesitate." I said and shoed him away with my hand, it threw him out the door, he grunted as he hit the floor and coughed a bit. "I was teasing Jet, lighten up." I rolled my eyes and looked at Corey. "Thank you." With that he walked out, leaving Devyn and me in a silence. "It was Adam, wasn't it?" She asked in a raspy voice, i nodded "how did you-" "you showed me. I don't know how, but when i asked i saw a blur or something of him, he was talking to you. I felt the same way you described it. Like mush, completely vulnerable and weak." She looked up and me and i saw streaks of blood from her nose. I did that to her. She put her hand on mine and continued, "I'm sorry you had to go through that, and thank you for showing me. I forgive you, i know you didn't mean it. I just want to know- how? Everyone is limited to their gift, how do you have so much of it?" "I-i don't know Dev, i'm still trying to figure that out for myself. I'm so sorry, i care about you so much i didn't mean a single thing that happened. Once i figure out what's happening. I promise you'll be the first to know." "promise?" she asked weakly as she looked up at me from the floor to my bed. "Promesa." i said as tears fell from my eyes as i locked out pinky's. Times like these, the little promises we did or little moments with just us, filled that empty gap i always had. The gap i had when my parents were taken from me.