Chapter Thirty-Two- Brennen Returns

Jordan's pov
I gasped, my air being cut off from my throat. I choked and struggled. Everything was happening so fast yet it felt like it was going in slow motion. I feel myself slipping away every second that passes. The gun fell from my hands, dripping from the floor. My senses fell from me, dripping away from my grasp. Like trying to catch dripping water. I grabbed Reggies wrist, still connected to my neck, and without hesitation, i snapped it to the side breaking his wrist. He groaned and threw me to the ground, gosh i have never been so grateful to breathe. Before i know it, Colby tackles Reggie to the ground, punch after punch my vision gets blurry at the sight. I can't black out. Not now. I grabbed the gun that fell from the floor and aimed it near them. Colby caught my eye and his widened. "Do it Jordan." He yelled and rolled with Reggie. My vision was going in and out of focus, blood pouring from my nose, trying to make it. I dragged the gun back and forth between them, trying to hit Reggie's arm, and not Colby. "Do it Jordan!" Colby yelled at me. "I can't." I coughed, blood pouring from my mouth. "I'll shoot you." I felt tears brim my eyes as i stood up. I couldn't do this. I couldn't kill the only person that gave me a hope to live. To never give up, to try new things. The man i wanted to grow old with, i couldn't do it. I shook my head and let the gun sag to my side. Reggie grabbed Colby in a chokehold, holding a knife to his throat. "I knew you couldn't do it, because this is what happens when you grow attached!" I heard David from behind Reggies body, and i know he was inside of him. "David, let him go! Both of them!" I screamed, making the floor shake. "No can do missy, you messed up. Now your friends will face the consequences before you." I felt a dark presence near by, hurting my core. I grabbed my head and groaned, then moved two fingers upwards shoving Reggie out of the way and slammed into a tree, oopsie. "Colby." I whispered, my voice weak and dried out. Next thing i knew he was next to me, an arm on my shoulder. "Jordan." He responded with worry, grabbing my arms. "You gotta go." I said, my eyes taking long, slow blinks to re-gain energy. "I can't do that love." He grabbed my face in his hands, wiping a tear or two i didn't feel. "I'm so sorry, Colby." I grabbed the hands that were on my face, holding them. "For what?" He asked me with worry, "for hurting you, i'm putting you in danger." He shook his head and leaned his forehead against mine "you'll never hurt me, Jordan. Never." He whispered and i nodded "i'm holding onto that Brock." I leaned in and kissed him, a soft passionate kiss that gave me hope. That gave me a will to live again, to love again. I saw someone from the opposite side of me in the corner of my eye. Well not really saw more like felt. We pulled away, aware of someone coming to us. I felt a familiar green presence flow through me, making me sigh in relief. "Brennen." I said with a smile. "Do you have new powers or something? I don't remember you being THIS bad ass." He smiled widely, showing his dimple. "Yea man! Last time you were about a 7, now you're like a 9 for sure." Brennen was next to us now and i laughed. "I'm gonna pretend i know what that means." I hugged Brennen "i missed you Bren." He sighed and hugged me back "missed you to JJ." I look over at Colby to see him smiling softly at me. We pulled away and Brennen and Colby did some silly handshake, making me chuckle. "I'm digging the new hair by the way, makes your eyes stand out." Brennen said as he nodded. I saw Colby playfully roll his eyes and he slapped Brennen. "Dude stop hitting on my soon to be girlfriend!" He said in a girly voice. "Woah bro, i didn't mean it like that, i'm more into sexy people and not homeless people." Brennen placed his hand over his heart and i gasped dramatically. "If only... i cared what you thought." I said and Colby and Brennen burst into laughter. "Dude you gotta keeper there." Brennen pointed and smiled, Colby calmed down and pulled himself back up. "Yea, i do don't it." He smiled at me, me smiling back. "Brennen... why are you here? Don't get me wrong i enjoy your company, but you couldn't wait til i saw the rest of them?" I was referring to the fact that we were literally being stalked by my kidnapper as we speak, Reggie was still on the floor, knocked out, putting all three of their lives at risk. For what? Body counts? Maybe. For me? Probably the second reason, i would prefer to believe the first though. "Colby said you needed a hand?" He asked them pointed to the guy behind us in fear. I snapped around, seeing the fulling dark clothed man in front of us, that i used to call father. I gulped and nodded, "about that..." I trailed off and slung Colby and Brennen to the left side of me, shoving them away. Brennen snapped up, a gust of air pulling him to his feet. I forgot he could do that to be honest, the earthy stuff. "That's not necessarily what i meant." He breathed out. I looked to the opposite side of me, seeing a huge tree the size of a house, and grabbed my hands up to it, pulling it down. Grunting and struggling, i tugged, hoping that if it was down it could buy us time. "Wanna help me with this then?" I pulled my arms in a downward motion. "Jordan, honey you can't hide forever." David's voice echoed in the night sky as he simply observed my doings, not interfering. Odd. I shook him away and noticed Brennen popped next to me, along with Colby, pulling the tree down with some vines that came from Brennen. Seconds later the tree came to a slow fall, then i noticed Reggies stiff body right below where the tree would fall. I quickly made a portal under him and next to me. He then suddenly fell through, right as the tree fell to the floor, Reggies body was next to me, leaves coming with him. I sighed in relief and walked next to him, pulse. 1...2..3 slow, but still there. I sit next to him and look up to see Brennen's mouth hanging open in shock. Colby pat his shoulder and nodded "you're tellin' me" he said and i chuckled. Now to get Reggie up... how do i do that? I groaned and pulled my knees to my chest, holding my head in my hands. "What wrong love?" Colby's voice was soft as he appeared next to me hugging my side and rubbing my back. "I destroy everything i touch, i'm a machine Colby, i'm built to kill, not help. How am i gonna get Reggie up if i can't even control this?" I pointed to my nose, as if on queue a drop of blood came out ever so slightly. He pulled away from our hug, and wiped away the single drop of blood. "You're not a monster Jordan, you were made, brought into this world, to help. To inspire people, to push them to their best abilities. And you're already living up to it." I smiled at him with my big brown eyes and he looked at me with his icy blue ones. He kissed the top of my head, pulling me into another hug. When we got interrupted by a large bang.