Chapter Sixty Three-Broken Love

i really want chick fil a rn

Jordan's pov
  I hear a knock at my door, more like a pound to get through the thick walls. I scramble around, throwing the lanyard under the base of my bed and reaching out to grab a random book before sitting back down. I didn't want anyone ever to know about the lanyard, not until i got to see what was in it first. "Yes?" I asked. The door opened to David, a sincere look that was rare for him. I hated it. I didn't need his pity. Ever. "Don't look at me like that." I snapped sitting up and setting the book next to me. He goes and sits down at the foot of my bed. It was hard, cold, with two thin blankets. Nothing like the bed at the Traphouse. Yet better than my other bed at the different lab. "Look i'm sorry for your-" I scoff at his words, standing up and walking to the other side of the small room. "No you aren't. You dont even care. Mary-" I choked out a sob, tears threatening to fall. "Mary was pure. And you took her away from me. You take everything because you have nothing better to do, you have no happiness." My head hurt, i rarely cried, ever. So crying over someone i barley knew, hurt. It broke my heart. A lot less then with my parents though. I cried for months, i didn't want to be alone anymore. The worst part was i was so small, that no kid should feel that way. But i did, and all i wanted was to be with my mom and dad again, and just spend one more day. One more day with them. Savor one last hug, i wished i didn't take them for granted. I barley remembered what they looked like, that's probably what David wanted anyway, for me to 'be his' which didn't work at all. Maybe i wouldn't have to deal with this grief right now, if i wasn't so stubborn i could've been gone already. I could've been just another lab mistake and maybe i wouldn't mourn about an old woman i barley knew. But i didn't die, and everything happens for a reason, right? "You don't know shit about your family!" David blared, his voice echoing around the walls. "I know you killed them." I said storming out of the room. It's not even mine, i don't consider it my room. I go straight into the training room, to were i see Emily on the other side. I roll my eyes and yanked out a dummy from a closet. I slump it in position, and take a few steps back , preparing myself to hit it harshly. I step up quickly, socking it in the face hard, stingingly hard. The head falls off on impact, the rest of it falling to the floor. Sand fills the floor from the hole i now made. I try and blast it holding my hand out, out of instinct of course , completely forgetting i can't use my powers. I fall back from the shooting pain going to the back of my head. I wince and roll into a ball, hoping the pain goes away soon. Emily walks over to me, nudging me with her foot. I flip her off, not looking at her. "Wanna hear a new word i learned?" My muffled voice comes out cold towards her , and i hear her mhm making me turn to her. "Homewrecker, noun, definition: someone who is responsible for the breakup of a relationship or marriage." I had memorized that word, i memorize most the things i read in books. Which is mostly why i don't know crap about technology but tons on stuff from basic definitions in the english language to serial killers in each of the fifty states. So yes, i have read about Ted Bundy, the American serial killer responsible for over thirty homicides. And way more people in a small list engraved in my brain. "You're a homewrecker," i point at her, fake laughing as she gasped dramatically. Her face turnt beat red before completely lashing out in gibberish i couldn't even process. I did, however, catch one thing. "That's why he didn't need any help cheating." I was taken back at first, it couldn't be, Colby? Could it? "Who?" I asked sitting up with wide eyes. "Colby cheated on you, he was drunk, no he was wasted when he did it with some random chick. I didn't even need to do anything! It was his choice," "oh." Is all i managed to get out at the time. She just laughed at me before speed walking out. Suddenly i couldn't see correctly. My eyes welled with tears. He wouldn't, right? My throat tightened and i felt like the walls around me were closing in. I didn't want to believe it, but i had no other choice but to. I bawled. My last hope for love, for trying, wasn't there anymore. He promised me. He promised the world, that he wouldn't leave me. That he wouldn't give up. But he did, he did way more than give up. My heart felt empty, hollow and stale. I felt useless, like an empty voodoo doll, no use, no purpose, no hope. I wish i was a better girlfriend, or even a better person to him. I wish i had savored the smaller moments we had. Like his little trips he would take to taco bell at three in the morning because we both couldn't sleep. Or when he would try and do small chivalry stuff like opening the door for me. I hated it, so much because i was too selfish to let anyone show affection to me. Maybe that's why he cheated. Why he gave up on us. I was selfish, and ignorant at times. Colby probably wanted someone better, someone that would let him love them. The door opened, and I covered my head in my hands, i hated who i was, so vulnerable. "I think she's ready for her first run," David said behind me. I didn't care right now, i didn't even want to breathe right now. I could never meet up the standards of a perfect woman, i wasn't loving, i couldn't have known. But then again i should've paid more attention, or tried harder. Because the effort i gave doesn't look like enough for Colby. I wasn't enough. And I wish i had let Colby love me, even if it was the slightest bit more. Because i knew i was starting to love him.