One Twenty Five-'New'

Jordan's pov
"Yep, i think this ones it!" Sam yelled, throwing himself onto the couch that was there. "Finally dude, you're so stubborn with your houses." Jake sighed, plopping next to me before Colby could, who sat next to Sam. We just finished what felt like the one hundredth house today, the other ones felt perfectly fine by me, but apparently theres a lot more to a house than the way it looks. This house was absolutely beautiful, it had two dark brown front doors, a glass that sparkled when the sun hit it just right, and a tile i couldn't seem to tear my eyes from. Along with its eight bedrooms, including a movie room and a game room, and a gorgeous kitchen with marbled countertops, with wooden brown cabinets. My eyes trailed Colby, who was on his phone, scrolling on who knows what. I was still mad, a hundred percent. But he was still freaking beautiful. Corey poked my jeans, who was sitting on the other side of me. "You're staring," he whispered, i looked away from Colby, and just as i did i felt like his eyes were on me now. "Thanks for pointing out the obvious." I whispered back, unable to keep a straight face with him. "Uh- guess who's staring now." It almost like his whisper was so low it was inaudible, but i heard it, barely, but there. "No way," i said, urging him on. He nodded, before smiling, looking down at his phone for a second like if he was doing something, before he started typing. "Hey look at this," he said, his voice at a normal level. He showed me his phone, which was opened on his notes app. "He's fucking eyeing you bro, like i can't tell if i should be happy for you or scared." It read, making me laugh. "Funny," i responded, as if i was looking at a picture of something. "So, Colby how do you like our very soon to be house?" Sam said aloud, making sure it was heard around the room. He sighed, and put his phone down to look around the room, while my eyes felt glued shut to the floor. Zoning out on my eyesight, and too lazy to zone back in. "I think it's a great time to start a new chapter in our lives, i have a really good feeling about this place. What about you J? What do you think?" I couldn't tell if his question was forced out or not, knowing i only paid attention to his words yet not his tone. Shrugging, i looked up. My eyes felt dim, and my heart felt empty at the moment. I didn't even have the motivation to respond, i didn't want to respond. So instead i stood from my seat, and walked away, going up the stairs and to claim a room to be mine, guess that was the only thing to do. I was caught by surprise when i saw Spirit in there, fixing up some throw pillows on the bed. "Oh, hi." I said, trying not to sound all down and depressing. "Hey!" I was just going to talk to you about something!" She said, clapping her hands a little. I was about to ask what, when my wristband lit up, vibrating on my wrist, telling me i got a text from Cassie sent to a group chat with all of us. "We have a lead, meet here in 20?" I looked back up to Spirit, a small smile on my face as she looked at me in concern. "Everything okay?" She asked, raising her eyebrows for a second. I nodded, opening the door for us to walk out of. "Wanna head down and talk to the boys?" She nodded, and as we headed down the stairs the group was already there. "Hey Jet, um we need to tell you something." Sam started, looking at Colby nervously. "Nope actually i think Spirit wanted to tell us something first." I said, shutting them down. We all stood in a line, me standing in between Colby and Sam, folding my arms over my chest. "Okay i wanted to inform you guys..." "J seriously, this is important." Colby whispered in my ear, i glanced at him before responding. "Whatever it is can wait." I said sharply, before turning my direction back to Spirit. "You guys have a new member of the team." My jaw dropped open in shock, before i pulled it back up, and shook my head. "No i don't think we're looking for anyone.. new, we have plenty of people already." Everyone nodded, with the same confused/awkward face on. "Oh well that's where you're wrong, because i wasn't asking. You take him, or the deals off." She stood her ground, a dark attitude steaming off of her. I wanted to blow this lady to bits just by talking to me that way. Which was odd considering we were talking normal just five minutes ago. "Him?" Jake asked, while my hands clenched in fists. "Your tempers showing." Sam reminded me in a low whisper, making me unclench my hands, and flash back to normal, i didn't even realize i was blowing off. "So, who is this so called 'new member?' And what does he have to do with our deal?" I asked, turning my head to the side. The door opened just then, revealing a not so stranger after all. But i didn't like him. Not one bit. "No way." Jake said, crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm with Jake, not taking him." I said, walking over to stand next to him. "Who's he?" Colby asked Jake in a whisper. "Hi, i'm Adam, nice to meet you." He spoke, holding his hand out to shake. He shook everyone's hand but mine, because i just stared at it, before looking back up to him. "Cut the crap," i started, looking towards Spirit. "You can't get anyone else?" I asked, walking away from him. "Nope, he just joined my program a month or two ago, wanted a job, and i gave him one." She said, motioning towards him. "You sure he's not just gonna compel me like the last time we 'met?'" I asked, my eyes burning into him. "Wait, the is THE Adam?" Corey asked as his face scrunched up, looking between me and him. "In my defense i was only doing my job at the time." Adam said, making me scoff. "Yeah well under who's orders?" I barked, taking a step closer to him. "Jordan," Jake whispered, that i ignored. His eyes widened, before he shook his head slightly. "Unfortunately i'm not allowed to say that, that is against my guidelines." I squinted my eyes, trying to focus as much as i could without actually using my powers. "You sure? Because i vaguely remember you compelling me around what? A year ago? And here Spirits telling me that you JUST joined her program. So why can't you tell me about your little underground job you were doing for people? Because i know you didn't do that unless you weren't getting paid, you wouldn't just compel a complete stranger, right?" The more i spoke the closer i got to him, pressuring him on. I saw him break a small sweat, his eyes darting around the room to avoid mine. "Jordan! Enough!" "What?" I yelled back at Colby, with the same energy he was giving me. "Honestly, what do you want to tell me now?" My voice was getting higher, and i felt myself breaking loose, so he snatched my arm quickly, before teleporting me out of the room and into an empty bedroom. He groaned slightly, grabbing his head as i watched him in pain, and laid down on the bed that was there, crossing my arms over my chest. "Why-" "No. Don't talk, listen." He cut me off, holding his hand in front of me. I was in shock, but this time i didn't stop him. Something in me actually wanted to hear what he was about to say, even if it was going to be complete bull.