Part One Twenty One-Process of Elimination

(beforeeee we continue, i just published the prologue to a different book , not sure how i feel about it but hopefully it grows on me. it's NOT tied to this story at alll and it's set in early 2019. go check it out if you want it's my only other working :))
Jordan's pov
"Well thanks to Jordan's terrible sleep schedule and huge mind we do have a head start on our lead, wanna take it from here?" Sam handed me the marker, leaving me in shock for a moment. "Sure i guess." I said, taking it from him as he smiled, us switching seats. "Okay first, since we only have some what of two leads i decided to go with the more logical one and pick the pin." "I would've gone with the note but sure." Reggie butted in, as i shot a glare to him. "Well you're not the one with a degrading sleeping schedule are you? You're just the one that abuses your friends in your sleep." He laughed, hearing some 'ooo's and chuckles around the room. "Okay, where'd the pin get you?" Jake asked as i started writing. "So i got a few ideas," i started, making a list of several different things leading to another. "First is brand, usually pins can be for like workers or people that associate with it so if we find the brand, we find the owner, that leads to the production, then hopefully the actual creator." They nodded, looking between themselves. "Okay, second option?" Sam asked, leaning up in his seat. "Second, a brand. Almost like a uh, marking of some sort." "Like how they put tags on cows before shipping them off?" Kevin asked, folding his arms over his chest. "Yeah kinda, but i was thinking more of like a burn in brand." I said, re-drawing the the pin, which was like a triangle inside a triangle, with what seemed like a pair of bird wings surrounding it. "Okay, but what genius would make that their brand?" Tara asked, almost like it was a terrible brand name in the first place. Which i didn't quite agree with at first, before i actually thought into it more. I mean doesn't it have to stand for something if it's a brand? What would it even be or supposed to be? This thing literally reminded me of some sort of cult. "You think fast." Jake groaned, grabbing his head suddenly. "I forgot i can't block my thoughts off, wow i'm going to have to get used to that one." "Welcome to the club." Colby said, as the gang nodded at me. "Tara does have a point though, but that also brings me to my last option here." They nodded, urging me on with their eyes. "Third, a simple tattoo. So think of it as this. Some guy, big league or whatever got this specific thing tattooed on them, done by some sort of artist, then, the people that worked or works with that person gets it as a pin as a sign or commitment, so it's almost like a chain, like a ripple." "The black sheep effect." Aryia said. "Exactly! Once one person does it, it just sorta keeps going but not in a specific order or theme. I'm talking bigger brands or even clothes, like uh-" "Like merch, it's based off of one spark and it just keeps trailing." Colby finished for me, making me nod before looking back at the group. "So, if we want to find this so mystery person, we find whoever made the drawing, then who made the tattoo, who got the tattoo, and then we track that person from there, find out everything about them from little leagues to a moms facebook page, then we take them down." I finished, out of breath as everyone's eyes widened. "Seems like you thought of this throughly." Sam said, thinking on his own. "Thanks to Tara that statement was expanded." I said, winking at her. "See! I'm not totally useless!" She exclaimed, a huge smile on her face. "Eh, i wouldn't say that." Reggie said, making her gasp dramatically. "Did you just gasp?" Kevin asked, bursting into laughter, Kat following afterwards. "Don't worry Tara, you can't let Reggies fragile masculinity hurt you." Cassie said, patting her on the shoulder. Everyone's jaw dropped open for a second, Reggie holding his hand over his heart, and my eyes darting to Colbys who's were as wide as mine. We burst into laughter, me trying to at least cover my mouth slightly, which wasn't helping one bit. "Okay you guys need to get ready, you have to view houses today anyway." Reggie said with an attitude, walking away from us. I laughed harder at him, making him snap his head back at me, absolutely killing me. "I'll get your stuff real quick." Colby said to me, before teleporting away, back within a few seconds. "You guys can change in my room, i'm already ready." Aryia said, sipping his coffee. We thanked him, before Colby teleported away from me, beating me there. "Colby!" I whined, as i picked up my pace. "I'm joking," he said, dragging me to Aryia's room. "I hate not using my powers," i mumbled as we walked in his room, Colby closing the door behind me. "Maybe it's okay to get a break every once in a while, ya know?" He said, putting my bag on the floor before grabbing my hands in his, and swaying us back and forth. "I know, i guess i'm just tired of not being me sometimes." I said, leaning my head on his chest. "You're still you, i see it." He reassured me, making me feel slightly better about myself before a whole different wave of guilt washed over me. "How are you feeling about all of this? I feel like i'm just talking about myself here." Something told me that he was giving me that look. The one where his whole face scrunches with his eyes, almost like he's answering the question for himself before answering out loud, but i couldn't see while my head was leaning against him. "Well honestly, i'm extremely happy you're here, and that you don't hate my guts. I am kind of upset that we got attacked in my own apartment that i guess isn't my apartment anymore, mostly because if we didn't we would still be in bed right now." I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him closer. "But i'm also great ful it happened, because everything always falls into place, you know?" I took a second, taking his words in. How could his words always hit differently? "Yeah, i think i do." I answered, looking up at him. He kissed me once again, for the third time today... i think, honestly im just happy i get to now. The way he looks at me so sincerely before kissing me gives me absolute butterflies, and the way he actually does feels like my body's on fire. This man always had something special about him, whether it was him being a complete flirt, him bringing out his inner nerd, his love for his passion, or even his romantic side, it always amazed me that he was all this in one human. "Wanna change in the restroom?" He asked while taking small breaks from our kiss. I nodded, kissing him quickly again before grabbing my bag, and walking around him. "Don't take too long!" I yelled, walking in the restroom. "Oh sure." He said, laughing as i closed the door behind me. I smiled as my hand stayed on the door nob for a bit longer than usual, before shaking my head at myself, and started to get dressed.