Chapter Forty-Eight-List

Colbys pov
   I roll my eyes to the sound of the doorbell downstairs and turn down my blasting music. What? I really like MCR. Sam opens my door peering in before coming completely in, "oh good you're awake, can you get the door? Kats on the phone with me and frankly we are the only ones home right now." I close my eyes for a second, he couldn't just get the damn door? The doors unlocked away why couldn't whoever just walk in? I sigh and get up from my bed "yeah sure i can do that." I mumble and try to walk past my bestfriend. I'm stopped at my doorway with his hand on my shoulder. "Brother, i know it's hard right now but can you at least take care of yourself? You're worst than the first time, you barley leave your room, you don't go on duty calls anymore much less post on social media, and you smell. The fans are worried about you Colby, WE are worried about you." Sam took a step back from me to let me walk through. I didn't say anything at first, i couldn't. Instead i went to hug him, he sighed and put his phone down to hug my back. I broke down in my best friends arms, us patting each other's backs as i cried not so silently. I never cry, it was foreign to me and i only do when it's something really big. Jordan was something really big to me, and she still is. She always will be, no matter the time of day she will always own my heart. "It's hard Sam, i just got her back and i just fucking lost her bro." I tried so hard to keep my voice steady but i failed miserably. He gripped my shoulders, pulling me out of the hug. "She's okay Colby, the girls stronger than life itself. Remember everything's she went through? We will find her brother even if it's the last thing i do." He was going to keep talking when the doorbell rang again, and his hands fell from my shoulders. "I should go get that," i nodded downstairs and rubbed my eyes. "She's okay Colby, maybe not in the safest place, but you and me both know she's alive." I didn't want to look at him because he was right, i was a mess. It's been eight days since Jordan hasn't been here and i'm already aching. Way more than when she first left, because then i was a hundred percent sure she was out there. Now i don't even know if she's eating enough to keep her awake. I walk down the stairs and slowly to the door. I peered around for a bit, the house was much more cleared out than a few days ago probably because we were moving out in four days. I get to the door and stare at the lock. It's literally fucking unlocked. Who the hell is dumb enough to- my eyes widen as i opened the door and i spin around leaving the door open. "Welcome," i said sarcastically as Reggie and Cassie walk in. "You know the door was unlocked right?" I grumbled while opening the fridge door. "I'm aware, just didn't wanna barge in." Reggie chuckled a bit before i turned around with a white claw in my hand, snapping it open. "You technically already did with the whole 'Jordan and i are friends now' thing." I rolled my eyes and slumped on the couch, letting the alcohol burn my throat. "White claw? Isn't it a little early for that considering there's a party in.. five hours?" Cassie said more than asked as she sat next to me. I choke on my drink as i repeatedly cough and sit up. "That's today?!" I yell setting my drink down. Cassie laughs at me and pats my back like it's going to help. "Yes dipshit that's today, and so is your period." She laughed out shaking her head. I laugh a little at myself too, shaking my head and covering my face in embarrassment. "Woah!" Sam gasps and points at me. I smile a little and look up "what?" I shrug with a dumb smile stuck on my face. "I have not seen you smile, nor laugh in a good four days." His eyes widened and he points to Cassie as she immediately throws her hands in the air in defense. "How did you do that?" Sam asks with his eyebrows scrunched. She flips her hair and grabs her computer next to her, opening it up with sass. "What can i say? It's a gift." Reggie nods his head and sits next to Cassie. I peer over her shoulder to see a map of several different cities, like a diagram. "What's that?" I ask sipping my drink, savoring the satisfying burn. She looked at me in the corner of her eye and grabbed my drink out of my hand, moving it away from me as Reggie turned his hand before leaning back as Cassie simply drops it in the trash can Reggie brought. "If you wanna look, i'm gonna need you to be completely sober." I frowned and leaned back in the couch cushion. Sam sat next to me leaning over my body, "is that a map?" He asked pointing at Cassies screen. She nods and sets the laptop in my lap, forcing my to sit up. "It's about Jordan, so if you wanna wait for Jake and them to get here that's totally-" I grab it out of her hands and analyze the screen. "That works too." She laughed a bit as i looked at the key points of the cities all labeled in 1-4. One is Orange County, California. With a number scale next to it, it's labeled 7 out of 10. Key points listed under it such as, the OC fair, south of Los Angeles, big population. "What exactly am i looking at?" Sam asks as he squints at the screen. "Yeah i don't understand what the cities mean, or the whole thing in general." I hand back her laptop and she rolls her eyes and points to each part. "So Reggie and I spent the last few days doing some research..." She looked at Reggie to finish for her and he sits up and looks at Sam and I. "When Cassie and I were... attacked or somewhat attacked, she was the one taken as you both know. When she was she counted the amount of stops they made, how many turns, etc. However, a person can only stay awake for so long so she stopped counting, you see where i'm getting?" He asked looking between us. I looked at Sam just in time to see a light bulb over his head. "So you guys tracked the number of stops you could get," he slowed down for me to finish the sentence and i willingly did. "And you guys listed all the possible outcomes for where this so called base could be?" Sam snapped at the computer, pointing at the number scale. "And the scale! It's listen for how likely it could be for it to be based there!" He grew with excitement, hyping me up with himself. "Oh that's why there's key points underneath, like no one would suspect an experimental lab in a busy city like Irvine." I said pointing at the list of words underneath. Cassie and Reggie fist bumped each other, "nice guys it took shorter than i thought." Cassie nodded and pointed at the list.