Chapter Fifty-Three- 'Well I'll Be Dammed'

Colbys pov
  Jake stands up from his seat, slamming himself back down as a fart erupted from him. "DUDE!" Corey yells covering his nose and walking away. The girls groan and Cassie just shakes her head, taking a seat on the ground. Jake laughs as he goes to throw away his empty water bottle. The smell filled up the entire room within seconds leaving us breathless. "Oh my god," I smile walking away and helping Sam get up as he was also covering his nose. "Why brother, why." Sam cries out dramatically as we follow each other into the garage. I hop on my beanbag as i laugh with Corey before seeing the girls give us death glares. We quickly straighten up chuckling a little. "My bad, not that funny." I state biting my lip to stop my laughter. Jake does a little "heheheh" as he grabs a beer from the fridge. "Awe dude, those are for the partay." Sam says in disappointment to Jake. "Well i'm assuming Kian is already bringing drinks so one beer won't hurt anyone, plus we've already gone through the rest of the plan while you two were getting ready." Jake says pointing at Cassies laptop. "The girls are off the hook because, they're the girls and they will chop my balls off if i included them badly." He continued nodding his head. Tara nods her head too looking at the rest of us. "I would, but i would wait til you least expect it." She grins as the rest of our eyes widened. "Anyways.." I trail off looking over at the newbies, "wanna show the rest of us what the plan is before the party starts? Maybe go through the rest of the cities." I ask looking over at the rest of the group seeing them nod. Cassie and Reggie look at each other for a second before nodding. "Yeah, what times the party?" Reggie asks looking between me and Jake. Jake just rolls his eyes and looks away. He hasn't completely forgiven Reggie for leaving without a word. I mean i don't blame the man, i would be pissed off too, but he's here now right? And Jordan helped him get here. So what i'm not getting is why he dislikes both Jordan and Reggie. He confuses me sometimes, i just hope he figures out his little problem before we have another problem. "About an 45 minutes to an hour." Sam says looking at his phone and hopping next to me. "Okay cool, so we have four cities in mind. You are all welcome to add suggestions if you would like." Cassie smiles at us then pulls up the side divided into sections. I already saw Irvine, so i glance at the rest. The reasons are all somewhat similar, small area where no one expects it or a big one where no one pays attention. We all lean in as she goes in depth. "Okay number two on our list is Norco, with a population of 26k as of 2018. It does have some downsides though." She looked at Reggie as he followed on. "Yep, like for one it's right next to Rancho, it isn't really the ideal place to set up somewhere to hold someone." "Well what if that's the point?" Kat chimes in making us turn to her. "What if they expect us to go to the busiest little parts of California like Long Beach or even Santa Ana? They would want something not so visible to the average human eye." We all nodded in agreement, "good thing we aren't average." Came Brennen as he walked to the fridge with boxes of beer. We chuckled and nodded as Corey and Jake went to go help him. "Okay so i guess we could take off the biggest ones? We have- had" Cassie corrected herself, "Santa Ana on there but maybe we should be targeting the smaller regions. Good one Kat." She smiled typing at her computer. Sam slung his arm around her in a proud smile. "See guys i told you she was useful!" He smiled just as Kat gasped dramatically making the rest of us laugh. My phone vibrated in my pocket as i stand up and pull it out reading Kevin's name on the front. "Hey can we finish this in a sec? It's Kevin." I ask the current people in the room. "Yeah man but make it quick, we don't know how long until they start showing up." Sam said waving me off, i nodded and lifted my hand up before jogging out the door and answering the phone. "Yooo Colby my manz." "Hey whats up Kevin?" I leaned against the opposite side of the wall to the garage looking at my rings, messing with the one on my middle finger. "I'm currently in the car with this fine gentleman," i hear the phone shuffle before my ears are blasted with a "YOOO" from Aryia making me yell back at him. He only chuckles softly before speaking. "Dude this might sound really sketchy but do you know anyone driving a black jeep?" What? "Um not that i know of..." i mess with my hair, running my hands through it before shaking my head even if he couldn't see me. "Why do you ask?" Now i was getting slightly creeped out, isn't it weird that shit like this happens at times we're already pre occupied? "Just asking, i think we're being followed. This car has either been close by or on my ass the whole time i left the house. I could be just going crazy though." His laugh echoed through the call in his attempt to lighten the mood. I quickly grabbed a pen i saw from a distance and walked back into the garage. "Hey Kev, can you describe the car for me? And maybe even the license plate number. Also don't drive straight here, stop at like a Rite-Aid first jus to be sure." I was getting looks left and right from the room but i was starting to think, the only person that could have a black jeep is... Emily? "No." I mumbled slightly shaking my head. I broke off whatever we had, and she hates me anyway. I set the phone down on speaker and grabbed a napkin to scribble on. "Colby, babe i could just be seeing a different one and just be acting paranoid." Kevin chuckled. "Hey better safe than sorry," i shrugged and motioned for Cassie to pull her laptop up. Reggie holds a thumbs up at me before typing away at god knows what. "Okay im turning into the freeway right now..." there was a pause. "Okay! License plate number 7LHC472." Reggie quickly pulled up a picture of what appeared to be a black jeep within seconds. It was a small but blurry picture of a girl with shades on, a familiar girl. "Well i'll be dammed" I laughed zooming into the window. Sam leaned over my shoulder and chuckled at the screen. "No effing way, Kat come look at this." He pointed as Kat turned the computer near her. "Holy shit dude." She smiled widely. "Holy shit what?" Kevin yelled from the phone. "Incase you guys forgot we are being tailed and i would like to know who is following us." Me, Sam, and Kat all looked each other in a smile. "On second thought you guys can come straight here." I smile and look at the rest of the group. "That, everyone is an old friend you guys might remember. That's Emily."