One Thirty Three-Hatred

( i posted two chapters on quixotic bc i haven't been posting:( i apologize homies it's been a rough couple of days )
Jordan's pov
  "Jordan!!" Cassie ran over to me happily, before tackling me into a huge. "Hey Cass, how was the tracking?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows. "Well it sucked, because we ran into like four dead ends, but we're here now and hopefully we can find whoever this girl is. Or maybe for her to find us if that's any easier." I nodded, saying hi to everyone else before taking a step back. "Britney Salvador is who you're looking for, i'm sure you all know about her tattoo, but she's also blonde, and supposably she could be surrounded by probably body guards, so look out for that. Maybe even look out for people identical to who attacked us, you never know." "Why don't we just ask someone if they've seen her?" Reggie suggested, as he shoved his face with popcorn. "Because, stinky, if she runs the place people probably know who she is, so that'll create suspicion towards us." Tara said, rolling her eyes. I nodded "yeah she's probably being guarded because i attacked her place too..." I slipped in smoothly. "Yep, that makes sense." Kat said, making us laugh. Soon we all talked and decided to split off into groups. Today we had a shorter crew, Mike, Xepher, and Griffin not being here to help, it might be a little tougher to do this. But we could, i knew we could. Our groups were set in threes. Colby and i with Brennen, Tara and Jake with Aryia, Sam and Kat went with Sirena, Corey and Devyn with Kevin, and Cassie and Reggie on their own. We split, everyone scattering around the park. "Hey babes how was your little fight scene?" Brennen said jokingly, his arm going around my shoulders. Everyone knew Brennen was a flirt, always, and he didn't really mean it, but i'm sure some people took it too hard sometimes. "Pretty fun actually, how was your depressing tag along being stuck here?" I teased, Colby chuckling a little before playing it off as a cough. "Ouch that was cold, as always, i expected it. Overall pretty boring, we should get something to eat though." Brennen said, trying to switch the subject. "Brennen we're supposed to be-" I stopped mid sentence, before stopping Colby from walking any further too, to watch Brennen run off to a churro stand. "Seriously." Colby said, shaking his head at him. "If we die because Brennen stopped for a churro i'm going to be pissed." I said, making him laugh. "We can sacrifice Brennen don't worry." I nodded, as his arm went around my waist pulling me closer to him. As we waiting i couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes on me, like literally i could feel their energy burning into me i thought i would go insane. I glanced to my side quickly, too fast for them to see, but i noticed it was just a couple of girls, whispering to themselves before one pulled their phone out. Oh right, my whole friend group is like famous. I took a step from Colby, distancing myself before using my powers to detach his arm from me. He turned to me, his face scrunching up before i nodded my head to the side, making him look over. "Who cares?" He asked, almost annoyed by it. "You do, i do, they do." I said, as i walked away to go meet Brennen in line. I heard him groan quietly where he was at, before the girls got closer to him, their hopes spiking. "You stopped us for a churro." I said, looking at Brennen like he was crazy. "I told you, we should get something to eat and i did." He said, his arm slugging around me again. I didn't bother moving it though, it's not like Brennen gets the bash that Colby does, for who knows what reason, but it wasn't much my business anyways. "Where's Colby by the way?" He asked, as we stepped forward in line. "Some girls saw him, decided it might be best if i just distanced myself for a second." I said, shrugging like i didn't care, when i fully did. "Sorry about that, i know how protective they can be of him." I nodded, Brennen speaking up to order. "You want one?" He asked, turning to me. "Sure," i shrugged, smiling at the guy behind the booth. Brennen handed me mine, along with two in his hand, one for him and one for Colby, who was still talking with the girls, taking a few pictures before starting small talk with them. Who knows why he actually decided to, that was beyond me. Seriously just take the photo with the ol' mighty Colby and go. "Hey man, we got you a churro." Brennen said, i cringed at the way he pronounced it, but didn't comment on it. One of the girls asked for a picture with Brennen, which he didn't deny, while the other looked at me weirdly, before smiling like she felt obligated to. "You're Jordan right?" She asked, i could feel her anger for me radiating off of her, but why? I literally knew nothing about her. "Yeah, that's me." I smiled, taking another bite of my churro. "So, why do they call you Jet then?" She asked, already looking like she was bored of me. "Just a nickname Sam came up with when we first met is all." She nodded, before switching with the other girl to take a picture with Brennen. "Hey!" She said, her energy way better than the other girls. "Hi," i responded. "Okay i know this might be a little weird, but are you and Colby dating?" She asked, taking a step back to look at both of us. My eyes widened mid bite, looking at Colby who's eyes didn't meet mine, before he answered. "Nope, still single as a pringle." He said, shrugging almost like he was sad about it. Why was i slightly offended by this? I knew he was only saying this because they were standing right in front of us, but the way it just slipped out hurt me a little. "Yeah." I said dryly, the nerve to leave just crawling under my skin. Sooner or later they left, after like the hundredth question, leaving us be we they skipped away to find the rest of the crew. I felt myself get all sad, and for some reason i couldn't snap out of if, i couldn't even tell if i was just plain upset or mad. But in a way it was also my fault, i was the one that told him something, but i also knew he would get upset if the word got out about us. Jeez, was life always this difficult? "Jordan, you coming?" Brennen turned to me, as i stood in silence, not even eating. "Yeah, my bad i was just- i was thinking." He nodded, before i walked so i was over on Brennens side. This time he didn't bother throwing his arm around me and that was fine with me, but i could feel Colbys confusion from a mile away.