Chapter Nineteen- Away

Jordan's pov
   I couldn't do it. I had to get out. To leave, to see the world on my own. I didn't need anyone, i lived just fine with David, i didn't rely on him for anything, now i feel the constant need for something from someone and i hated it. It was a few hours since my little breakdown and i made a drastic chose to do. I was going to run away. Run and maybe not look back. Maybe if i run far enough they wouldn't be able to catch me. If they do i know they'll probably never trust me. What's the shame in trying? I was going to leave tomorrow morning, right when the sun got up. No one would suspect a thing. At least i hope not. I grabbed a few of my prized possessions in a small over the shoulder purse. I had, a book called The Fault in our Stars Devyn gave it to me saying it was the best book and movie to ever exist. I haven't gotten to reading it yet so i would get around to it. I also had my bracelets and my ring that i got from Sam and Colby. Oh Sam, the one person that i felt was the realist to me. He always told me stuff straight forward, but in the nicest way possible. He picked me up when i couldn't do it myself. He gave me tons of emotional speeches. It was like he was the older brother i never had. I put the jewelry on and set a jacket on the foot of my bed. I found some free bus passes under the bed, probably from the person that stayed before me. I looked like it would come in handy so i took them too. Tomorrow morning i would sneak some money out of Colbys wallet, not too much but enough to get me through the next couple of days. I shoved everything under my bed as i heard someone nock. "Go away." I whispered. "It's me, wanna talk?" I heard Sams voice come from the other side of the door as i sighed. I swept my hand as the door flew open, laying on my back on my bed. "Hey, Jet" his soft voice spoke to me. My voice cracked as i responded. "Hi." "Jake told me what happened" "shocker, you come here to yell at me too?" i was mad and i couldn't control it. Sam caught on pretty fast and hugged me. "I'm sorry, on behalf of all of them. They're really dumb at times and Colby has some anger still in him." "What do you mean still?" I sat up looking at him. He sighed and looked at me. "When Colby and I first moved to LA, he had a girlfriend. Her name was Sierra. Sierra had golden brown hair with sparkling hazel eyes. She always knew us before the the fame and she happened to be with us when we got our gift. She was a very warm hearted person. Always put people in front of her. She always got perfect scores on her tests and always had the brightest smile. However, it was too much for her, she moved here with us hoping she could control whatever dark energy got her but she couldn't. Colby and I hoped for the best and it just got worse. Day by day it looked like she was losing herself more and more. One day, she wasn't there. Her smile faded to nothing, her eyes dimmed out to a lifeless grey, she was hurt. She wasn't there. One day she came home really late, and she had gotta a haircut, her long hair that passed her knees was half shaved. She had 3-5 tattoos that she claimed she hated the idea before she got them. She was a completely different person. Her smile never came back, she started dying her hair crazy colors. She wasn't her. Colby used to cry himself to sleep wondering what he could've done. One day she broke it off, and left. She said how he was accepting her and already had her things pack. She just left, never looked back. We never saw her again. Colby didn't come out of his room for days. I had to bring him food and water just to keep him alive. He didn't care anymore. He thought Sierra loved him, and she just left without a single regret on her face. He lost hope in everything. Didn't believe in love, didn't believe in happiness. He didn't believe in ever getting better." A few tears left my eyes as i looked at him. "How did he get better?" I asked, he sniffled and smiled, his eyes bloodshot. "He met you. He met you, J. The moment you came into our life he knew he had to get himself together. The day he found you, was the first time he went outside the house in months. When he brought you back here, he cleaned him room, showered, put himself together. For you. He did it for you, J. Why do you think he's so protective? Or why he never let Brennen touch you? I know i wasn't there but Jake told me. He cares about you, Jordan." I pulled him into a hug and whispered to him. "Thank you." He nodded and stood up, walked to the door, just as he was about to leave he turned back and smiled. With that he was gone.
I couldn't help but feel bad. Yes he did all this stuff to me but look what he's been through! I couldn't just leave without saying goodbye. Wait. I got out a piece of paper and a pen, set the note by my bed so i'd remember to put it back for him in the morning. I went to bed as guilt washed over me, but i shook off the feeling. "You can't let others choose your destiny." i said to myself as i let sleep overcome my body. I woke up looking at my digital clock reading 5:15• the dot meant AM so i knew i was on time. I quickly and quietly made my way downstairs as i grabbed water and some food. I then made my way back to my room and grabbed the note i was going to leave for Colby. I got in his room and borrowed 20 bucks from him. He won't minddd. I looked at him for a second. That kiss meant a lot for me and now i don't know how much i meant to him. I placed the note under his laptop so when he opens it he would see. I sighed and kissed his forehead before leaving his room and to mine. I kept my door locked so it would buy time. I grabbed my bag and right as i was going to go downstairs i heard footsteps. "Maybe we should check on her." i heard muffled. "No Colby, i'm telling you she's fine." That was Sam. What's Colby doing up? "I'm telling you man, somethings not right. I have a really bad feeling and i swear i thought i saw her in my room before she flashed away." It was silent for a second, i didn't dare move an inch. "You actually sound crazy right now, but if you wish your majesty we can check on her. I don't understand why you won't give her space though. Even after you said all that to her." I felt my eyes swell with tears as i kept listening. "Sam i'm being a hundred percent honest, i didn't mean that. I was mad and you know i get when i'm mad i-" Sam cut him off. "Colby you know you can't be doing that. Yes you went through a rough time but so did she! She thought that the one person that cared about her most would've done something better than lashed out on her for speaking her opinion." Tears streamed my face and i shook my head, and tried to figure out a way out. "I know Sam, but you have to believe that she means so much to me." "Yea i know. Let's just get on in." I took in his words. I mean something to him. Why would he say such things though? I paced my room looking for a way out when i faced my window. Score. I rushed and got my stuff and opened my window with ease. Idiots didn't even lock it before i moved in. I climbed through and almost fell face first on the floor. I gasped as i held onto the edge of the window seal. This whole time i never realized my window was facing the pool because of the black out curtains. I pulled myself up and balanced myself on a pillar. "It's okay you got this." I told myself. I blew a puff of air out so the window would shut. It slammed shut making the loudest noise possible. I climbed around some seals almost eating shit doing each. I think heard tapping behind the window i was at. Tap Tap Tap..