One Hundred Thirteen-Test Runs

Jordan's pov
"SURPRISE!" "Happy Hanukkah!" I stood in front of the door in shock, and fear mostly. "Jake!" Tara exclaimed, slapping him in the arm. "Hi," i smiled, making everyone laugh. It was the whole gang, i'm not sure how everyone fit in. I was happy to see my family, but what caught my eye is that no one was filming, not a single person here even had their phone out. Much less a camera. Everyone was just smiling, happy to see me while others talked amongst themselves. "We wanted to give you some privacy on your first day back. We missed you J." Tara said, Jake wrapping an arm around her. I finally leaned into a group hug, everyone chuckling as we surrounded ourselves with love. "I missed you guys too." I went by, hugging everyone individually, my smile never leaving my face. Here was the one place, where i felt constantly loved. The people, it didn't matter where they were, as long as we were in each other's lives, it was never dull. I hugged Cassie last, my hug for her stronger than the others. Even if i didn't know her as long, we always had the strong connection i didn't have with the rest of them here. Well, besides Colby of course, but that was a different matter. "Thank goodness you're back, i couldn't stand another drunk and sobbing Colby." Kevin said, laughing out loud. Some laughed with him, but others had their eyes wide, like if he just dropped the bomb. "Sobbing?" I asked quietly, snickering at Colby before making my way to the couch. Reggie sat next to me, he was anxious, and in a hurry to do something. "What is it?" I asked, turning to him. Everyone took their usual spots, Aryia sitting next to me, and Colby sitting next to Aryia. "You just came back from the dead dude, we're just checking on you." I smiled, but shook my head. "Okay i appreciate it guys but i'm fine, really." Yeah no one looked convinced. "Okay wanna check my vitals or something?" I held my arm out to Reggie, who was fast with checking my blood pressure and such. I sat in silence, kind of getting pissed off. And my thoughts where cut off, simply for privacy, but i looked shit faced, i could feel it. "We're just looking out for you J." Devyn said, a smile on her face. I nodded, and let my eyes travel around the room until Reggie finished. "Dude, doesn't that mean you're like indestructible now?" Brennen asked, taking a sip of his beer. "That's what i said!" Sam commented as we all laughed. I shrugged, looking around the room until Corey spoke up. "Well i would say that, but she also wasn't technically dead." I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around for answers, but everyone was just as confused as me. "What do you mean by that Corey?" Colby asked, his hand over his mouth. "Well i can talk to the dead, the past life, whatever. I never saw you." His eyes locked on mine, like if i was lying about being fucking crushed by a body of water. "Well shit Corey that would've been useful," Colby said, face palming. "I didn't want to give false hope." He responded, his eyes locked on mine. I went to stand up, but Reggie yanked me back down, and Aryia held my other shoulder down, shaking his head at me. "I didn't fake it Corey. That's stupid, and very childish of you to think that way." Mike burst out of laughter, while Brennen and some others held their laughter in. But Sam, and Colby along with the other half of us just shook their heads, but i was fuming in anger. "You done?" I asked, turning to Reggie. He nodded, detaching the wires from my temples and such. "Well everything seems normal, let's try a power run?" I nodded as we walked near the front door. "Okay go," Reggie said, holding his hand out. I brought a set of keys to him swiftly, without a problem. He nodded, smiling a little too. "Next," i looked at Cassie, who nodded and caught the keys i threw to her. Quickly, she told everyone to make a clear path before throwing the keys straight at Reggie. It would've hit him in the back of the head, but i held my hands open, catching them in a portal before dropping them in front of Cassie again. Reggie groaned, holding the back of his head. "You were a tad late, no biggie, just don't think too much about it." I sighed, knowing that i would've completely failed in David's eyes. Colby popped next to me, rubbing my shoulder comfortably. "Just relax," he whispered, before teleporting away. Reggie nodded at me, before throwing a punch at me. I teleported behind him, my head shooting in pain right after. He snapped around, and snapped his fingers, i held a forcefield over my head, blocking a brick from hitting me before teleporting to the other side of him. "You good." He said more than asked, waving a tissue for me. I nodded, blotting behind my ears before getting back into my stance. "You got it Jet." I heard behind Reggie. I was almost caught off guard when Reggie threw another fist at me, me barley dodging, kneeing him with medium strength in his ribs before grabbing his hand and twisting it behind his back. He groaned slightly just as i kicked the back of knees, making him fall to the floor. I heard some 'ooo's from around the room, but my eyes darted to Cassie who was now behind me. I kicked Reggie away, grabbing Cassie without turning around and throwing her forward. Of course, i caught her mid air with one hand, sighing out in relief as Reggie nodded, walking over to get some ice. I set Cassie down, as cheers we're heard from around the room, with high fives and pats on the back. I smiled shortly as i grabbed another tissue for my wrists that were burning like a bitch. "You're unstable." Reggie said as we walked back to the couch, but this time i sat next to Colby. "What?! Did you see the lady? She looks fine to me!" Brennen yelled, almost like he was offended for me. I shook my head, leaning on Colbys shoulder. "He's right, i'm not in good shape." I didn't care what Reggie thought or anyone else here, because i was just happy to be out of David's hands. If he saw how i did just now, i wouldn't be able to relax right now. I would probably get sent the chair if anything. "I thought she did pretty good," Aryia said, as everyone agreed. Cassie didn't say anything, but you could tell she was silently judging them. I chuckled, shaking my head. "Let's just say that was like below average, you've seen how fast i could go. That was pretty bad." I said, my eyes dropping from exhaustion. "Agreed, you don't look the greatest afterwards either." Reggie said, handing me a water. "If that's below average, what am i?" Mike joked, making everyone laugh. I felt so tired all of a sudden, and my head was pounding in pain. "You're not bad, i would just go easy on the powers right now. With you like this it's easier for you to loose control. You have to use your powers, don't let them use you." I nodded, looking down at my hands, i think it's better not using them. I'm a weapon, and sometimes i'm not best in situations. Colby reached over, grabbing one of my hands and holding it in both of his, making me feel better about myself. He kissed the side of my head, before leaning down to whisper in my ear. "Incredible, as always." I let go of the tenseness in my body, leaning into him a little more, he truly did make me feel better about myself, always.