Chapter One Thirty Four-Appear as we Disappear

Jordan's pov
"Here, i'll throw yours away." I said, taking Brennens container were it once held his churro to the nearest trash can. I turned around when i felt Colby walking towards me, and shot him a small smile before i tried to sneak off. But as always, he grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me back to him. I could've sworn it triggered something for at least a slight of a second, but i shook it off. "Again with the grabbing." I said gulping down hard. "Sorry, i just- are you okay? I feel like somethings wrong." He said, as we started walking towards Brennen again. "I'm perfectly fine, Colby." I said, even if i was lying through my teeth, he bought it. "Okay, you can talk to me if somethings wrong, you know that right?" He looked at me sadly, making my heart ache for a moment. "Yeah." I said, my voice staggering. Sometimes i wished i never let myself develop feelings. And not like that- i love Colby, more than anything i've ever known to love, but sometimes the overwhelming amount of how much i feel alone is insane. Not to mention that i can't control feeling everyone else's feelings too. Suddenly, i felt another pair of eyes on me, maybe even more, that were burning into me like lasers. My mind immediately went to those girls that stopped by for Colby, and i felt, hatred for them. I wasn't sure why though, i only met them for like what, four minutes? "I swear to G-" I stopped in my tracks, snapping my head just to meet eyes with the one and hopefully only Britney Salvador. "Colby." I whispered loud enough for him to hear, and to stop on his tracks. "What's up?" He asked, and when he got close enough, the fear in my face thinned, and as i leaned over to tell Colby, Britney leaned over to tell someone next to her, a bigger, bulkier guy glared at me for a second, before pulling out his walkie. "Go, go go!" He soon met eyes with Britney, her smile growing before we bolted, running towards the crowd. Colby pulled my hand with his, but i soon let go when i saw Brennen, and pulled him away from the popcorn stand. "What are we running from?" He yelled, as we all sprinted through the crowd, we could basically hear them trailing us, the squeals from the people we passed through doubling behind. "From Britney!" Colby yelled, i left his attempt to grab my hand, too focused on my damn life. "Wait- so why don't we just." Brennen held his hands out, but Colby and i yelled at him. "Not in public!" I whispered, as we sharply turned the corner to hide behind a game stand. "Holy shit i'm out of shape." Colby panted, holding his heart. "You're worried about that now?" I asked, sending a group text through my watch. "Hey! You aren't supposed to be back here!" The guy working at the booth scolded, crossing his arms over his chest. All three of us tried to shush him, but he wouldn't listen, he kept going on about whatever threesome we were trying to having and that we had to go. "Listen, listen, i'm not mad, but this is my stand-" He stopped talking when a dart flew into his neck, paralyzing him as he fell. One of the bulky guards came from around the corner, aiming the gun before firing, i moved quickly to the left, pushing Colby into the back of the stand in the process. "On that note, let's get going." I turned my head, knocking the guy off his feet so we could run off. "Where to?" Brennen asked, as we stood, looking around anywhere else to hide out until we had a next plan. "I've always wanted to ride a ferris wheel." I commented. "Done deal, hurry." We ran over, cutting through the line quickly, ignoring the yells we got, but the worker didn't care that we cut, he cared about the limit per seat. "Sir, it's two per cart." He said to Brennen, pointing to the one next to us. "Text?" We nodded, separating from Brennen as he piled into a cart with some random girl i practically felt him gushing over. I sighed out when we started moving, and leaned over to rub my eyes. "Wanna tell me what's up with you now?" Colby asked, looking at me. "I said nothing was up though." I defended, trying to keep my voice steady. "Well you did detach your hand from mine mid-run." I looked up at him, a small smile on my face. "Well that was to save Brennens ass too you know." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "Okay that's fair, then why didn't you grab my hand after the fact?" I looked away for a moment, before looking back at Colby. "Don't know if you noticed or not, but we were kind of running for our lives at the moment. My first thought is to make it out alive, not really to give my undying affection to my boyfriend." I said, smiling. "Woah, undying you say? That's a lot." His eyes widened, making me roll mine. "Yep. Undying." He smiled at me, before kissing me quickly, his hand pulling my face closer to him for a moment before pulling away. "'Boyfriend', i like that word." He sighed, agreeing with himself. "Don't overuse it, it's my word." I said, making him smile. He grabbed my hands in his for a moment, the warmth filling mine. "Promise me you'll tell me when something's bothering you? Especially if i did it?" He asked, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand. I moved one hand over, so it interlocked his pinky with mine. "Promise." He smiled softly, before kissing my cheek, and pulling his phone out, one hand still on mine. He leaned his phone closer to where our shoes were to take a picture, and to my surprise he posted it on his story. I only saw because his phone was low enough for my viewing, but i wasn't even sure if he knew i saw for a moment. "Why'd you do that?" I asked. "I don't want you to feel like you can't be yourself around my fans, does that make sense?" He said, almost like he was asking himself the last part. "Yeah, it does." I smiled, before pecking him quickly. "Oh shoot, text Brennen." I said in realization, once we stopped near the top of the wheel. "He looks a little pre-occupied right now." He said, a smile on his face as he pointed to the cart behind us. I turned over, shock taking over my face as i saw him, literally sucking face with the girl next to him. "Oh my." I said, turning away quickly. "I feel like i just violated something." I said, Colby and i bursting into laughter afterwards. He took a picture of them through the cart, making me gasp. "Colby!" He laughed at me as i covered his back camera, embarrassed for Brennen. "What?!" "I though i was invading them that's like... stalkerish work." He laughed again, and pulled me into another kiss. "I can't tell if that was just to shut me up." I mumbled, scrunching my eyebrows. "Nah, you looked cute then, i wanted to savor it."