Chapter Seventy Three-Relief

Jordan's pov
It felt like ages since i passed out, and for a second i convinced my own conscious i was dead. It felt like it. Like that feeling of relief and no pain, the satisfaction of knowing you did good and that everyone was proud of you. The relaxation. Even if i heard screaming before i passed out, the sleep was peaceful for a while. There wasn't a lot of noise around me, just quietness while i rested. But i remember so vividly what happened, after a while the scene started replaying in my head. We were driving. And David has just scolded me for getting shot at. "How can you be so vulnerable?" He asked as he turned sharply to the right, making me hold onto the car with my life. "Well fuck David i don't know, maybe because someone wouldn't turn on my powers. Oh wait, this wouldn't be a fucking problem if you never fucking put this piece of shit inside of me." I was yelling in anger, why was i mad again? I couldn't remember. He groaned at me, obviously annoyed. He should be. That's what he gets for being a total dick all the time. "I want you to go on top of the car and just aim for the tires, they won't get off my ass." He was referring to the car that was tailing us. I'm guessing the one Colby came in but i didn't quite recognize it. I rolled my eyes, what a way to chance the subject David, just go fucking slash their tires and we'll be free to "Maybe we can-" Emily suggested. "Emily!" We shouted at the same time, shutting her up before i took my seatbelt off. I opened the door, and jumped on one of the bars that where on the top of the car, swinging myself up. It hurt like a bitch, no one even helped me with my wound, but they did wrap it tightly so it wouldn't fall off. Helpful. I fling out my pocket knife, slowly centering it to the first tire i was aiming at. Right as i'm about to throw it i'm thrown to the right hard. I basically flip, barley catching myself on the edge of the car as my feet dangled off. I threw myself back inside, there was no fucking way i was going back there. "You're kidding me right?" I asked closing my door again. David looked over at me weird, confused even. It made me even more mad. But before i could argue, i saw something that caught my gaze in the side mirror, a gun. "David?" I asked looking at him in worry. Once he turned to me, his eyes widened in fear. The gun shot out, hitting us right in the back of the car, but not just there, it was right below, just enough to take us down. David's arm flung out against me, bracing me for impact. I screamed, covering my face in my hands as we flipped multiple times, just to land side up. I flew forward , crashing into the dashboard hard, knocking me out. My arm burned, but i couldn't move if i wanted to. It felt like i was being torched, like i was in hell. That's the only reason why i convinced myself i had died, the constant burning didn't stop for a long time. I don't remember much after i first passed out. I heard yelling outside the car, but i couldn't yell to say where i was or to send help. I couldn't even function correctly in my own head. When i was dragged out, the fresh oxygen had my arm stinging like shit. I wanted to cry out and rip my arm off to somewhat release the pain i was going through. The only thing that somewhat calmed me down was the sound of Colbys voice, muffled to my ears, barley even auditable. I tried so hard to hear what he was saying, and i wanted to talk back so badly. I used all my focus, completely forgetting about my pain for a second, just to hear what he was saying. "Please don't leave me Jordan, even if that means you hating me forever." His voice was cracking, was he crying? No he couldn't be, i just rejected him, there's no way he would still put up a fight. "Even if i try not to face it, i'm in love with you, J. I can't live without you." His words hurt my heart, he loved me? Or was this an old memory i was going through? It was too hard to tell, but if it was a memory, i would be there. I would be able to see him. No, this was definitely reality. I wanted to cry, i wanted to tell him that i loved him back, that i realized how much i loved him after seeing him put all that effort to be with me all those times. As much as i didn't want it to be true, i was in love with Colby. He was the one keeping me up at night. The one making my heart pound like crazy when i just heard his name. The first person that made me feel cared for in a while. He gave me love when i didn't ask for it, but when i needed it the most, and i hate my stubborn self for being mad that he broke my heart. Because i knew eventually i would let him do it again. When i woke up, that's where it gets really fuzzy, unless i focus really hard on it. I remember looking into Colbys eyes, bloodshot and puffy, but his blue still peaked out. "Why were you crying?" I had asked, just for my throat to give me a punch back, it hurt like hell to talk. But sometimes i was a real talkative person, now was one of those times. As they were talking back to me, i tried to let my voice out, to let everyone know i was okay. But i just couldn't, only small answers and sentences. I just wanted to wake up. To wake up. I jolt awake, finally after the nightmare of a reality was playing in my head multiple times. The bright lights blind me, and the smell of a hospital hurts my head. I don't know why i felt like this, but i felt like i needed to get out of here fast. What's it called? Fight or flight instinct? Yeah i definitely needed to flight now. I look around, no one else is in the room with me, which is kinda odd. I feel an ich on my arm, a tugging. I reach down and feel layers of bandaging wrapped all the way to my shoulder, but just enough peaking out for the needle in my vain. I rip the needle out with no hesitation, and stand from the bed slowly. When my feet touch the ground, i notice i'm barefoot, only in a hospital gown. Was i taken by David again? When i passed out? No that couldn't be possible, he was out cold when i was with him. I look over at the small nightstand that's sitting on the opposite side of my bed. Curiously, i silently walk over there, looking through the drawers to find anything that belonged to me. I flip through magazines, and under books when i see my ring. I sigh in relief as i set it back down, when something catches my eye. I reach way back and pick up the small silver circle, wires poking out of it. My eyes widening when i realized what it was. I quickly grabbed my neck, feeling the little dip my neck had from the chip that was in me. The smooth, chip less skin felt smooth against my fingertips, i almost cried out of happiness right then and there. Even if there was a small crater in me, i'm not being held anymore, i was my own person again.