One Forty Two-Feeding Into My Demons

Jordan's pov
  "Don't shoot!" I yelled, popping up behind the two, making them jump. "Jesus, i almost did shoot you." Reggie complained. "I thought that was the plan?" "I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not anymore." I nodded, and threw one arm over the each of them, swaying back and forth. "So, hows it going?" I asked, nodding towards the hall ahead of them, which was lit up with dim white lights, some flickering here and there too. "Waiting, we cleared it out, but she's hiding." Reggie said, furrowing his eyebrows. "And why is that?" I asked. "She's waiting for you." Cassie said, pointing to the near back corner, which was the one place in the hall that wasn't filled with some sort of light. "Ya zdes'" (I'm here.) I said out loud, peering my head around. "Ya nadeyalsya, chto ty pokazhesh'" (I was hoping you would come.) She responded back, taking the slightest step forward. I took my arms off of Cassie and Reggie, folding my hands in front of me. I didn't want to seem too much like a threat, just in case she wanted to somewhat talk this out. Which was highly unlikely. "English?" I asked, talking the smallest of steps forward. "You killed him." She responded, even though a simple yes would've been fine too. "Your husband?" I asked, tilting my head. "You killed him. Murderer." She said, clenching the gun in her hand until her knuckles turned white. I noticed the small inch she took out of the light, and i took the glace at her hand, recognizing the tattoo. Her brand. "I kill a lot of people, i doubt i remember your husband." I lied, gritting my teeth. "You know, for someone as professional as you, you would think that you'd be a better liar." I smiled, and nodded. "So that's it, huh?" I asked, tilting my head. She furrowed her eyebrows, but i saw right through it. "Mind manipulation, and the ability to detect a lie. You're a human lie detector. That's your gift. That explains the many workers who don't necessarily have a reason to work for you, but have their life dedicated to it. That explains how you read my lies. I'm very good at it, but only someone that can physically read what i'm thinking about, can notice about me." Her eyes widened slightly at my words, and yet again, i took an inch forward. "Good job, maybe you aren't as childish as i thought." "Why are you doing this? What's your purpose?" I asked, shuffling towards her, with the small steps we both took, we were only a yard or two from each other now. "You killed him." I scoffed at her, folding my arms over my chest. "He was abusive. If anything, i did you a favor." She fumed with anger, pulling the gun up quickly and not even double taking to pull the trigger. I felt my own flare protect me, disintegrating the bullet just inches from my face, yet i didn't budge. I knew it would happen, as much as my demons hated me, they protected me. "Oops." I whispered, before my eyes darted to her gun, and throwing it across the room. Her eyes grew wider by the second, before she kicked her leg out towards me, but i teleported out of the way, and pulled her arm behind her back. She groaned as i pushed her against the wall, holding my grip tight. "I always thought you would be more than just your power, guess i was wrong." She taunted, whispering quietly. I don't know why i got set off by this. I was way more than just my power, right? My power wasn't the only thing keeping me alive anymore. But she did have a point. I could be dead if it wasn't because of it. "Jordan, don't feed into it." I heard Reggie nearby, his voice stern as he hoped i would listen, that we could just turn her in and never have to deal with her from this exact point on. But i couldn't shake the feeling off. "Yeah Jordan, don't feed into your demons." Britney whispered, her smile growing as my grip grew tighter, but she didn't care, she wanted to get something out of me. She was, and there was nothing i could do about it. I wanted to show her what was up, what i could do, and there was only a thread keeping me from doing so. "Jordan!" Cassie yelled, trying to get my attention. Only, i didn't listen, my eyes were burning into Britney's, her eyes looking back at me, begging me to beat the shit out of her. "Jordan?" I heard over the earpiece. I snapped out of the gaze for a second, but kept my grip strong. "Jordan, please?" Colby asked, his voice cutting through my heart. I turned back to Britney, her breathing picking up. "Do it, Jordan, do what you've been waiting to do." Her eyes lit up when she saw mine squint, and i threw her to the ground, before pinning her down by her chest with my foot. I leaned closer to her ear, "bring it, bitch." I teleported a few feet back, as she scrambled to her feet, throwing her fists in front of her. The more she hunched over, the more i just wanted to throw her back down to the floor. "Jordan! No!" I turned my head to Cassie, who was motioning for us to leave, but i couldn't even get myself to lift my feet to walk. "Seriously? You're gonna let them boss you around?" Britney asked, her eyes on me. I shook my head a little, and smiled even. "I'm my own boss."